We arrived here on Friday after a 2 and a half hour trip from Sheffield. I had booked our room through late rooms on January 1st, 2 months earlier. Was told by reception that they had no booking in our name, which when we investigated with late rooms, our booking was valid and it was the hotel that had doubled booked our room. Manageress was sent down to try and offer us a family room, even though we had booked a luxury double bedroom just for me and my hubby. Apparently the family room is luxury too, don't know where in hell they got that idea from it was filthy!! Dirty stained carpet, freezing cold and a bathroom full of mould. Needless to say we rejected the offer of the room and was left to find alternative accommodation through no fault of our own!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the city centre, the George & Dragon offers excellent value accommodation with complimentary car parking. The rooms are above a pub that opens until 1am at weekends and feature a variety of entertainments. Pub food is also served. Rooms are reserved on a 'room only' basis and there are many local places to have breakfast. Satellite TV in the pub shows a variety of sporting events. The George & Dragon is in a fun lively location in which to base your stay. You can easily explore the city on foot. Located in the University part of the City, The pub attracts a young customer who enjoys the music and entertainment in the pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your George & Dragon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- George & Dragon Hotel Chester
- George And Dragon
- George & Dragon Chester, Cheshire