“Chilled Sunday lunch”

MC Cafe Bar & Grill
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Description: MC Cafe Bar & Grill is a casual dining experience. We offer a wide range of wines from around the world, fairtrade coffees & teas. All our food is locally sourced & made fresh for you on the premises. Cafe Bar & Grill has alfresco dining & is fully air conditioned inside.We are open from 05:00pm till 09:30pm Friday & Saturday. We also have a relaxing lounge bar open 10:00am till 00:00am Sunday to Thursday & 10:00am till 02:00am Friday & Saturday
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We ate in MC cafe bar and grill on sunday. Although it was quiet we had a lovely time. Everyone else had been there on Saturday night after the chester races!
The food was good honest food, very tasty and good value. 2 courses for £14.50 is a bargain. Portions were perfect, I left satisfied but not uncomfortable.
The staff were attentive and friendly. There was only 2 other people in there at one point but the staff provided service that was just right. Not too much but still made us feel comfortable and tended to our every need.
Will definitely be back next time we're in there area!

2  Thank Wirralwander99
There are newer reviews for MC Cafe Bar & Grill

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We decided to eat at the Bar and Grill as it was in an ideal location for our day at Chester Racecourse. There was a great atmosphere from the offset and we were made to feel welcome and comfortable as we were greeted by the smiley staff. The food was hot, very nicely presented and cooked exactly how we wanted it. Although the Bar and grill was very busy and we were only a table of two, the staff went out of their way to pay special attention to us and make sure we had an enjoyable time. This impressed us both, as the larger tables can often take up much of the staff's time. Overall we would recommend visiting the MC Bar and Grill and will not hesitate to commend the staff highly on their friendliness, professionalism and service! As for the kitchen staff, you can really cook!!

2  Thank Lwhittaker1
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We visited MC Cafe Bar and Grill after the races on a Saturday night. There were four of us and due to a mix up with a booking at another restaurant a couple of nights before we frantically searched for another restaurant that could fit 4 of us in and were delighted when there was availability here. The food was really nice and we all enjoyed our mains.
There were a couple of reasons that I'm not sure if we will be returning anytime soon.

The first was the lack of atmosphere. Most of the other restaurants in Chester had been fully booked for weeks with it being race day, but there were only 2 tables occupied in this restaurant which made it a bit awkwardly quiet.

The second thing that annoyed me was the fact that on the menu there was a big advert for 2 cocktails for £9 each evening. As it was after the races, two of us decided we would have Cosmopolitans only to be told that we couldn't order cocktails as they were too busy with it being race night. I thought this was really poor service particularly when it was on the menu in bold, and there were a grand total of 2 tables full in the restaurant.

Finally, look out for the service charge automatically added to the bill - it's not pointed out by the staff.

With the average service and lack of atmosphere, I think there are many other restaurants in Chester I would go back to before returning here again. That said the food was good.

1  Thank Joanna S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly staff and very welcoming. Dietary requirements catered for and very comfortable. Something for everyone on the menu.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

While staying in the excellent Abode in Chester I ate on my own in the very quiet Grill. My starter was good and so to was my desert but the Flat Iron steak was a bad choice. Service was good and the place would be have had a better atmosphere if there had been more people there. I wouldn't have the steak again but I would go back hopefully making a better choice of main.