“Excellent food and service”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #38 of 576 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$6 - US$56
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Located on the bank of the river Dee at a spot known locally as the Groves, in the the heart of the historic city of Chester. We are fanatical about flames; silly about smokers and utterly obsessed with the smells, tastes and traditions of the Deep South. Our smokin' hot menu is available all day every day, from smokehouse classics including ribs, Texas style beef brisket, to steak and burgers. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week and a specially designed kids menu that includes ‘grown-up’ tastes and some fun healthy options, the entire family can experience the flavours of the deep South.
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Visited for my birthday in March following recommendations from other people. Was assigned a table that wasn't very comfortable and not suitable for my partner but were swiftly moved and accommodated without any trouble which was appreciated.

The service was very good and the food tasty! Cocktails come highly recommended and I would return in the future

Write a ReviewReviews (3,818)

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I can't argue with the novelty of visiting hickorys. The man who was on the till as we walked in was very helpful as I had booked online (but for next Tuesday) so didn't have a reservation, luckily it was sunny and most people were outside. We got seated and given water and popcorn and ordered drinks. Can highly recommend the salted caramel shake (yum) and my mum had a root beer float and they were reasonable priced at £3.50 each. We ordered and platter (I'm pregnant and like lots of little bits...) and it was huge!! Enough for a main for three and my partner had beef brisket. He said it was lovely and we enjoyed our platter. The staff seemed a little bit stuck up but the food arrived quickly. It was a bit of an over priced frankie and benny's but it was nice for the novelty of it.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My house just inside the Chester walls overlooks Hickory's. The family have eaten there and the food was great. The staff are very attentive and helpful. It is in a fantastic location,right on the river in the area known as the Groves. It is incredibly popular in the summer and as others have suggested a reservation would be a very good idea. One can eat inside or outside in the patio area. Parking is a problem, as it is anywhere in Chester, but there are two public parking lots well within walking distance (Albion Street and Pepper Street.)
I would point out, that due to the efforts of the staff there it is a very respectable place to eat and enjoy a drink in the evening. Our house is literally a stone's throw away and we have NEVER been bothered by noise from Hickory's. If you are a hen party or a group of lads looking for a noisy night out go elsewhere.
Enjoy Chester, enjoy Hickory's, as we do. .

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A bit expensive for what you get. Staff a bit snooty, bread was stale. No napkins, just paper towel on a stand on table, not impressed by that. Only good point, free water provided, but when my friend asked for more, carafe was banged down on table.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Average food at city prices. Not great value and cannot see the draw, but others I know love the place.