“Our Favourite Night Out ”

Hickory's Smokehouse
Ranked #25 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Nearest bus stop 300 yards
Description: Hickory’s Smokehouse is Chester’s authentic American BBQ. Here you can enjoy a traditional style of cooking that has its roots in the US, but that we think deserves to be just as popular over here. Our menu offers two styles of BBQ. The southern-style ‘Smoker’ BBQ uses slow, wood-fired cooking in our specially imported American smoker oven. The northern-style ‘Yankee’ BBQ is cooked over sizzling hot coals. Both styles create unbelievably tender, delicious meat and fish.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are Shropshire and often have an evening away in Chester- it's a beautiful city. My other half is a huge fan of American style food (thanks to the Man Vs Food phenomenon!) and so this seemed to be an obvious choice. The food is so tasty but there is just an fun element to the whole experience. From the popcorn while you wait, to the jars they serve your drinks in and the old school southern style serving tins. We just love it here. My husband particularly enjoys the 'suicide wings'- I prefer to taste my food though! So hot! Overall an awesome experience and can't wait to return.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Having visited here a few times over the last year, we made it our intention to visit here again today..02/07/14. My husband was wearing designer tailored shorts and a smart, clean test top. I was wearing a pair of shorts and a strapless top. We were refused entry due to my husband's test top.. Absolutely ridiculous, our money is the same as everyone else's. We run a successful business and do not discriminate against people because of their clothing. We will not be returning.

5  Thank BarberSnD
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is amazing, However you should pre book if possible.

If you go for the Platter between 2, don't have a starter. The food is amazing here and the portions are large, luckily we got a doggie bag.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank K-KH86
Reviewed 1 July 2014

went for a great meal in group of 6 - great service and memorable meal for the food

highly recommend the mixed starter platter - very good indeed

ordered the suicide wings for a laugh as a side - and yes very very hot indeed !

main went for the beef ribs - amazing - very large portion :)

in short : loved this place and would recommend to anyone who likes meat !

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It's real boys food here - lots of meat & big portions.
Very difficult to book in advance as they keep some tables free for walk in diners, but you still run the risk of not getting a table if you just call in.