As soon as we arrived in Chester town, we called the hotel and asked about parking as they had already assured us that the hotel had allocated parking spaces (for £5 a day) but it would be easier for a member of staff to direct us to them. The manager and bar staff couldn't help us enough! We were firstly checked into our room, and then the manager himself explained he would take us to our car, and drive around with us when we were ready to go to the allocated parking space.
As it was a special occassion, we took along a bottle of champagne, as soon as they saw we had taken some along, the bar man asked us if we would like an ice bucket and champagne glasses, which was very kind, as some places would frown upon you taking your own alcohol into their establishment.
The manager then introduced himself properly and told us the history of the hotel and asked if we would like them to book us a table in a nearby restaurant , and also told us all about the different bars and clubs in the area, he also explained if we were stuck for somewhere to go, then to return to the Commercial and he would point us in the right direction and also could get us VIP tickets into a nearby club.
Overall the staff were welcoming, and we were treated like royalty...the hospitality was amazing and the attention we were given was great. Upon the manager leaving, we were also informed that we could have a lie in and not to worry about being out by 11am, as he would not need the room so early.
The room was beautiful, clean and spacious. I highly reccommend this hotel and congratulate the staff for the effort and attention they give to their residents.
I have informed friends and relatives of the service and will hopefully be returning soon to beautiful Chester. 10/10!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire