Well, I've just returned from The Commercial, it's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last time that we stay there. My partner booked the Byron suite for us for two nights so that I could celebrate my 40th Birthday in style, and wow what a room. Amazing. The decor, the bed, the bathroom, truly fanatastic.
The next day for dinner, my family came up, so all eight of us, including my three nieces had a fabulous time in the room at the front, the staff had dressed the table and the room really well, the food was excellent as usual, the wine choices advised by the knowledgeable staff were excellent, well looked after, and every need catered for, even if we were a little demanding. (Thanks) .
That night two of my freinds turned up so we had dinner in the bar and then we went to the comedy club - The Laugh Inn, The staff rang a Taxi for us, and also rang ahead, we were met by 'John' on the way in who ushered us to a reserved table, the acts were great, the headline act - can't think of his name had us rolling around laughing, he will truly be a comedy great.
Back in the bar that night till late again......don't ever think that your going to get to bed early, drinks are good, service is second to none, the conversation flows.
Well looked after by all the staff....I can't remember all your names but thanks to you all....JT, Lucy, Ellie, Ruth, 'Chef', Rebecca and John.
Just cannot wait till I can come back again.
K & E
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire