Having been a frequent visitor to the historic City of Chester ,on business and pleasure . I booked a weekend stay at The Commercial Inn through Late rooms .Having read the reviews and advice prior to booking I was looking forward to the short stay ! I wasn't left disappointed .
Firstly the welcome from the Manageress ,Rebecca was so warming and left me feeling like I'd known her for ages !!
Her local knowledge and advice was so valuable from giving tips on the cheapest parking spots to where to find the best curry house !! As for the staff , they were all courteous and trained well in the fields of hospitality . My room was called " Wordsworth " and as I unpacked and glanced through the curtains into the courtyard of ancient sandstone buildings it actually felt like I had been transported into a time of cobble stones and cart horses clattering through the streets of Chester .
The room was surprisingly lovely ,the bed spacious and well made . The bathroom was a pure delight after spending a full day shopping those body jets in the walk in shower certainly reach the parts that need waking up ! Great power shower .
Thanks to Rebecca's advice I found an amazing Indian in City Road and after ended up walking back to the Commercial for a night cap . The bar is renown for good beer and live music till 2-3am and it was such a great atmosphere I had such a good night .
I asked for an alarm call in the morning as I was leaving early and this wasn't a problem even at 6:30 am .
Cannot fault this establishment and will hope to return again in the summer ,thanks x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire