We've just come back from a few days' stay at the commercial. We stayed in the Byron suite with our three children. It was fantastic as the children could stay in the lounge, which was a separate room, so we had our own bedroom.
The location was perfect, right in the town centre, and the staff were so welcoming it felt like home. The room and bathroom were very clean, the bath and shower were huge. It's a perfect base for a family.
We stayed from Sunday to Tuesday night - there is a bar under the room which is open on fri and Saturday nights so it would not be good for a family to stay then. But on other days I would recommend the hotel as a great base for a stay in chester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire