What a lovely little hotel. Due to a previous negative experience I had in a small hotel like this, I was a bit nervous upon booking. However, I have nothing but good words to say about them. From booking until we departed, everyone was wonderful. I was part of a one-night hen do and it was really special for all of us. The rooms were really well decorated and the Byron Suite where I stayed was amazing. I only wish we were able to stay more than one night! The only complaint I heard from the ladies was that the rooms were a bit dark/not well lit.
We were made aware in advance of the loud disco so that was not a surprise. What was a surprise was that it was the most happening place in Chester! We went to Revolution which was pretty dead that night and thought we'd head back to our hotel to see how the scene there was. It was really hopping- every bar filled and great music/vibe. I didn't personally make it to breakfast the next morning but the ladies who did said the food was great.
I would also recommend the cocktail making class if you are looking for something fun to do with a group. We had a blast and the bartender was great! Perfect venue/hotel for a small hen party like ours. The access doors to upstairs rooms were locked so we felt safe and we were well looked after. I'm already looking at booking to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire