if you want a warm pint and then to accused of taking drugs then go to this bar!!! went to the bar at the comercial for a few early evening drinks. order some drinks for the three of us and two of the pints may aswell of been drank out of a mug they were that warm!!!! one of our group went to the toilet and next thing he knew he was being thrown out for apparently taking drugs in the toilet because he closed the door behind him and having the bouncer trying to lean over the top of the door to see what he was doing. he was then removed from the pub with force which was not needed in the slightest because he was not on drugs nor was he drunk !!!!!!
after asking to see the manager who was not available the assistant manager turned up who didnt have a clue and looked about 12. when we asked to know why he was refused to be allowed back in they then tried to removed myself and my girlfriend from the property. once again not neccecary as we were not drunk and definatley not on drugs!!!! we tried to explain to them that they had made a mistake but the bouncer was so uncomprimising so we decided of our own accord to leave.
id like to point out my friend was not on drugs as he had come off an internatonal flight 4 hours previously where i was then in his presence until this incident. i highly doubt he would be stupid enough to carry drugs through an airport.
I will not be returning to this bar and i urge people to avoid it. warm beer!!!! bouncers who think that they know everything and idiotic managers who cant run a pub at all!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- The Commercial Bar & Hotel Chester, Cheshire