“Very disappointed. Lost opportunity”

Dewa Roman Experience
Ranked #31 of 91 things to do in Chester
Fareham, Hants
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very disappointed. Lost opportunity”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This looks to be a similar experience to say the Viking one at York. It's not.

The audio vishal part is quite poor in terms of what there was too see and do.

The 'dig' part explained little. The best bit was the artefacts.

Very disappointed.

2 Thank Mat_C220

Skipton, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Interesting tour at Dewa”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Yes great tour, unfortunately my wife had to back out , as the first part until the door opens is very tight and warm but after this the Roman relics and the various digs are excellent and most informative I did not spend a long time inside due to my wife waiting but we'll worth the visit

1 Thank John G
chester UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Roman patrol is well worthy”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My 5 years old boy is really much into fighting with swords and I thought this experience would suit him while he was learning some history as well. I bought a Groupon voucher for museum and patrol which I think it was quite reasonable in compare to the counter prices on the day and well worthy if you are a big family.

I do agree with the reviews below that the Roman patrol is the highlight of the experience – for children and adults – and the Roman soldier was superb. The museum could do much better and they could have done it a bit more interesting as well as the unloved shop with plenty of merchandise but no one seemed to be bother even to be around.

I would definitely recommend the experience as it is part of the Chester history but it has to improve. If it were up to me, I would charge more for the patrol and less for the museum or make different packages. I would also make the shop available to everyone on street independently if you are a museum visitor or not. And finally I would put a suggestions box.

Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Going back in time”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Roman experience is great, even if you can omly pay with cash to get in. The displays are informative and the archeological digs good, a little more labelling eould have helped. Overal a good way to spend an hour or so.

Visited May 2014
Liverpool
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant tour guide”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I took my 6 year old daughter here today, she had no idea about Romans but was very excited. The staff were really friendly but the experience itself seemed a little tired. We were done in an hour, looked at the exhibits and gone to the children's section (up a darkened staircase) with some dressing up, games and puzzles. However the highlight by far was the soldier patrol - lasting an hour walking to a few Roman sites complete with a lot of audience participation and the soldier was fantastic - keeping children and parents entertained and managed to keep momentum and enthusiasm up for whole tour. My daughter was beyond proud because he asked her to wear his helmet. By far the main reason to go - just not sure whether different guides would have similar approach? The only downside is they didn't accept card payments

Visited May 2014