“Lovely, relaxed, great food!”

Carluccio's - Chester
Ranked #83 of 567 Restaurants in Chester
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been to a few Carluccio's restaurants before and this is one of my favourites. The interior is lovely: relaxing, cosy, and modern. The choice of food on the menu is great - I'm a vegetarian and there are plenty of interesting choices which can be hard to find! The staff were helpful and friendly. Would return in a heartbeat!

There are newer reviews for Carluccio's - Chester

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Came here saturday night on our honeymoon loved it that much even though we'd paid for breakfast in the place we were staying because this restaurant was the best I've ever been in the staff were excellent and so was the food brought 3 of Antonio 's books because me and my now husband love to watch him on t v to the staff be very proud of yourselves x

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Me and a friend stopped here for lunch today, on a whim! We walked in, got sat to a table by a rather lovely gentleman. We sat down and were instantly addressed by one of the waitresses, asking if we wanted drinks. Im glad she's so keen but we hadn't even taken our jackets off yet! She eventually brings us our drinks and we order our food. My main comes, which is basically three sardines on rocket salad...not exactly what I expected but it was okay. My wine glass hadn't been cleaned very well, so I was hesitant to have another drink. When asking for tap water, my friend certainly did not expect the warm-salty drink in the dirty glass! Then my main came, about 15-20 minutes later! Me and my friend both had the same thing, Ravioli, our favourite. Now, it came, in a rather large portion, but the plate was very oily, which was extremely off putting! And my ravioli was very bland and rather flavourless...
All in all, food was good enough but definitely wouldn't spend much money there, or go there for a special occasion!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

It was our first visit to Chester for over 30 years and my wife and I decided to have lunch here because we love Italian food but we were so disappointed. Which was a shame because the staff could not have been more helpful. The meals were just warm and we had to send them back. We waited about ten more minutes for our new meals and yet again were not hot, just warm but we did not want to complain again, never mind the wine was lovely as was the staff, shame about the meal.

2  Thank Terrywilson1953 P
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The food was good, we all had starters and mains and everyone enjoyed.
The staff are friendly and the service was good even on a very busy friday night.