“Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Both a cafe/restaurant and a deli this place can satisfy most of your eating requirements. We treated ourselves to a simple light lunch and we weren't disappointed with the food or service. The interior is modern which contrasts the old city feel of Chester. The waiting staff are very polite and friendly and the turnaround is fast which is great if you haven't got all day to people watch.
I'd recommend the place it works really well and the food is as you'd expect from the Brand.

There are newer reviews for Carluccio's - Chester

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We were treated to a meal out while staying in Chester so can't advise on price.
I'm a massive fan of Italian food so I may be biased but I have to say this place was amazing, the menu was huge, loads of great choices & all freshly prepared. They are in a great location in the centre of town, the restaurant looks great and the staff were friendly and knowledgeable.
The place was heaving, with a Q out the door the whole time we were there, I would recommend booking in advance.
By far the best Italian I've been to and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Julian T
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It was my birthday and we thought we would treat ourselves to a nice lunchtime meal on Saturday lunchtime. The weather was lovely and we decided to make the most if it and sit outside. We were served quite quickly by a really nice, friendly young man who took our order for spaghetti and ravioli and a bottle of wine. The wine came really quickly and tasted lovely and was really well chilled, so no complaints there, sadly it was all downhill from there. After about 15 minutes our meals were served by a young lady who warned us that the plates were ‘very hot’ and indeed they were, just a shame the food served on it was almost cold. If a restaurant can’t get even get that right then what else are they doing wrong? We called the waitress back and told her the meal was cold, she was brilliant and quickly took the cold meals from the table and said she would get them replaced which she eventually did. We ate the replacement meals but to be truthful they still were not really hot, just lukewarm, but by this time we had almost finished our wine and just couldn’t be bothered to argue. The service at all times was excellent. Such a shame the food didn’t match it.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've been to a few Carluccio's restaurants before and this is one of my favourites. The interior is lovely: relaxing, cosy, and modern. The choice of food on the menu is great - I'm a vegetarian and there are plenty of interesting choices which can be hard to find! The staff were helpful and friendly. Would return in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Came here saturday night on our honeymoon loved it that much even though we'd paid for breakfast in the place we were staying because this restaurant was the best I've ever been in the staff were excellent and so was the food brought 3 of Antonio 's books because me and my now husband love to watch him on t v to the staff be very proud of yourselves x