“My Amazing Wedding day”

Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Ellesmere port
“My Amazing Wedding day”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Ive recently had the pleasure of having my wedding at Rowton Hall, all I can say is WOW, from the first meeting with my wedding planner Ashlea to the day of my wedding (which went without a hitch), Ashlea was extremly helpful, knowledgable and nothing was too much trouble, she was always on the end of the phone answering any of my problems or queries, an absolute delight. I would recommend Rowton Hall to anyone looking for a day to remember for all the right reasons!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Manchester
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed for one night as a last minute booking. I particulary liked being able to phone and speak to the hotel directly rather than some impersonal central call centre. It was a birthday surprise for my wife and they happily arranged flowers in the room for the same price I'd pay at a florists. The leisure facilities are fabulous, pool was warm and everything very clean. Our stay was mid week and the hotel was quiet which we liked. The service was excellent, food lovely with a good choice. All the staff were extremely friendly and very helpful with genuine smiles and whose native tongue was English. My wife is already planning a return visit with her sister for spa treatments which were excellent and certainly not over-priced. Recommended.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have been using this restaurant for more than 30 years and up to now have always found it reliable and good. However my last two visits have been such that I will not be returning.
Whilst the surroundings and staff cannot be faulted, what must be a new chef has belatedly discovered nouvelle cuisine. The last time I had dinner my fish main course
consisted of two walnut sized pieces of fish and the whole dish was no more than a 4 inch circle on a dinner plate.Our party was eating a la carte-we had two members who were diabetic and we asked if they could provide a dessert suitable for them.
When we came to dessert nothing had been done and a fresh fruit salad came with a suger syrup over it!!
The lunch starter was small but my main couse consisted of 5 bite size pieces of pork lined up with 4 small carrots and a piece of potato. It was not cooked very well but as a portion was totally inadequate
A glass of house red wine was not very nice and cost £4.75.

Chester
Reviewed 22 February 2012

After reading the recent comments on Rowton Hall I thought that I would put my imput on my wedding day at Rowton.

After booking my wedding here everything I asked for I got, Ashlea was there at the end of the phone for my last minute panics and changes!! Her attention to detail really made my day special. The whole day ran smoothly, staff were more then accomidating and the whole day was perfect, the gardens of the hotel and location really have that wow factor. My whole family enjoyed there stay and were very well looked after, the rooms are beautiful and not you run of the mill plan white room! They each have character.

Do not hesitate do book this hotel for your wedding day! The hotel is beautiful and they take care of your every need!! I would like to thank all the staff for making my wedding so perfect.

tip: I went to the wedding fare before booking this hotel for my wedding and it gave me some great ideas for my wedding!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OliviaEdwards
Shrewsbury
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We booked Rowton Hall hotel for our wedding day.We booked the exclusive use wedding package.This package includes exclusive use of the hotel for the day and all 37 bedrooms.
Ten day's before our wedding the so called wedding planner Ashlea contacted myself to go through our final details of our wedding day.It was at this point that Ashlea stated we did not have the agreed number of 37 bedrooms available to us as stated in our contract,instead we would only have 34 bedrooms as apparently we had sold the other 3 bedrooms to the wedding party getting married on the day after us.THIS WAS NOT TRUE.We had not agreed to this,however neither Ashlea nor the management at the hotel would rectify this.They had double booked and began to make their mistake my responsibility!!
Therefore it was left to myself to find alternative accommodation for 6 of our guests.
So as if this wasn't a bad enough mistake......Rowton Hall then continued their bad service on our actual wedding day!!
Myself and my bridesmaid arrived at the venue the afternoon before our wedding.When we arrived at reception we where told that help with are bagging and wedding things would be on it's way....This did not arrive therefore we carried all bags and boxes ourselves.
On the wedding day no menu cards where on the table.despite rowton hall sating they would provide these.
We had paid £37 pounds for one of our guests meals despite that the fact that she is unable to eat food due to health problems,we had informed Ashlea (the so called wedding planner) of this and had made arrangements for said guest to receive coffee throughout the meal instead of the food we had paid for....This did not happen instead out guest was charged for each coffee,at one time giving a waiter £5 for a coffee and never receiving the change!!
We paid for wine by the bottle only for this to be served by the glass,therefore we'll never know if we actually drank all the wine we purchased.
and last but not least our wedding cake supplier had made us an extra cake (besides our wedding cake) to be put out with the evening buffet.....This did not happen....we don't know what happened to the cake or it's tin....
So basically I wouldn't bother wasting £13000 on a wedding venue that could not care less about your special day!!!!
....

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank neales22
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Rowton Hall. On the coldest weekend of the winter it was warm and cosy throughout (we even had to turn the radiator in our room down), with a nice real fire in the very comfortable lounge.There was a good choice for breakfast. Dinner was only average, however - bits of gristle in the chicken 'amuse-bouche' and the game rather dry. Staff were friendly, but service in the restaurant just wasn't sharp enough - we even had to open our own wine (good job it was a screw top!). But the ambience was great, and the spa excellent. Good for a relaxing weekend.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband treated myself and our 3 daughters to a spa break at Rowton Hall. We had a fabulous time! The food and service in the hotel was excellent. The staff in the spa area were attentive and we thoroughly enjoyed the treatment packages that we selected.
The only time that we left the hotel was when we checked out!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business