“Great place for a weekend”
Review of Rowton Hall Hotel

Rowton Hall Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Great hotel, excellent qality of rooms and a really comfy bed. The staff all looked after us superbly, and the bar is well stocked with a variety of excellent drinks. A lovely spot and a sumptuous weekend retreat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable weekend break with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,071)

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a great two night break in Rowton Hall in March 2013 on half board basis.The staff were very accomodating ,welcoming us with a great afternoon tea!Accomodation came with a lots of extras,was roomy and light.The breakfast and dinner was exceptional.Would not wish for anything more!Great wine choice too.We spent quite a bit of time in their lovely,warm pool,such a pleasure.The Spa treatments were first class and the staff very attentive.We needed to recharge our batteries and we certainly achieved it.We felt very much "at home" in this lovely house,relaxing surroundings and we would recommend it and we hope to return there soon.

Room Tip: Corner suit called Marmaduke is large and sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable break here at Rowton Hall and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My wife and I took my elderly mother for afternoon tea on Mothering Sunday.We have been to Rowton Hall on many occasions and even had our Wedding reception here too many years ago to mention.This was the first time we had afternoon tea and it will not be the last.Everything was home baked ,beautifully fresh and served perfectly. It was served in the Conservatory which is an ideal place having plenty of room ,comfortable chairs and large tables.All in all a memorable time was had by all and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We are delighted that you enjoyed your Mothering Sunday afternoon tea, I will certainly pass of your lovely comments to the team.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just back from a weekend stay at this fabulous hotel ... My friend and I especially enjoyed the most excellent service we were shown in the Spa Treatment rooms - which I have to stay are second to none - and I highly recommend every guest books in for a facial or massage etc., when you stay .... think this is one of the best beauty experiences I have ever had! The hotel room was perfect too, comfortable beds, large modern en-suite with bath, shower and even a flat screen TV on the wall!! I will definitely be back as soon as I can and I intend taking my hubby this time for romantic break and to enjoy the most gorgeous meals in the restaurant! Hats off to Chef and his team...everything we ate was just perfick!! Thank you everyone.

Room Tip: I would imagine any room would be as lovely as the next ... we were on the top floor and it was peac...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Billbong

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and we are delighted that you had a great spa experience here at Rowton Hall Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night break at Rowton Hall. It was really enjoyable, it's a lovely place although we could have made more use of the grounds had it been warmer! The staff were friendly and polite and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast and the evening meal were excellent, they have a great chef! The pool is clean - and warm - and we had a relaxing swim before having a treatment in the Spa and again it was so good.
Our bedroom was lovely, large and clean with a big comfy bed - what more can I say?
Would definiteyl recommend this hotel and hope to go again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review and we are delighted that you had such an enjoyable 2 night break here at Rowton Hall.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My mum and I have just returned from a 1 night spa stay and I can't praise the hotel enough.
First off, the lady I dealt with making the booking was so kind and helpful and the reception staff on arriving could not have been more pleasant or accommodating.
Our suite was enormous and exceptionally clean, and relaxing in the bath while watching tv was a real treat!
Our evening meal was delicious and very well presented, again no criticisms.
Chris in the bar was a real superstar and so helpful, ask him to make his special maitai cocktail!
The breakfast, which is cooked to order was piping hot and again scrummy!
Used the leisure facilities and again everywhere was spotless, and Ben, even though his first day, was very polite and went out if his way to make our day great.
Our treatments in the spa were out if this world and the facial is the best I have ever had! The relaxation room I'd also the nicest I've been in and I didn't wang yo leave.
I can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful experience here at Rowton Hall Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just returned from a mid week break to celebrate my husband's bitrthday at this quite wonderful hotel. Beautiful building imaginatively decorated. All the staff were delightful, efficient, chatty & helpful. Pleasant and comfortable bedroom well equiped bathroom. Ate in the restaurant both nights, lovely food well presented, english breakfast also first rate. Highlight was afternoon tea - just lovely - ate too much! Can't recommend this hotel enough one of the very best I have ever stayed in - we will be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay here whilst celebrating your husband's bitrthday. Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.