“Really relaxing stay”
Review of Rowton Hall Hotel

Rowton Hall Hotel
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We had a really lovely stay at the Rowton Hall - it was everything I was hoping for. The staff were friendly and professional, the rooms very clean and comfortable, the food was excellent and very reasonably priced, and the spa facilities clean and well maintained. The hotel and grounds make a lovely backdrop to a relaxing break. Thank you for a lovely break.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toni C
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you had a relaxing stay here at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for two nights in April and have to say I really loved the place. The attention to detail on everything was so relaxing. From the smallest things like the complimentary body lotion to the big stuff like the service from the team, it was all geared to getting it right, doing it right and making you smile.

I enjoyed the two spa treatments I had booked, even though I made a mistake on the time of one, and turned up miles too early, they fitted me in early. It was sublimely relaxing. The chill out room afterwards is somewhere you can easily lose track of time.

The room itself was charming, with a four poster bed, good furnishings, sensible facilities all of which worked. Including the TV in the bathroom! I loved the style of the place, the way everything seems to have been chosen to sooth or relax or charm the guest. It certainly had that effect on me.

The restaurant service and the food was also great, just my style. Breakfast was all you could need or want and I suspect even if they didn't advertise what you might want you would only have to ask to receive.

Had a short walk through some of the garden and watched the koi in the pond. Had the weather been warmer I should have liked to sit out on the terrace.

I really enjoyed the stay and would go again. I was alone this time but would say it would be a good place for a girly spa pamper stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Insearchofcalm888
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay here. I will certainly pass on your comments to all of the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Just had a fantastic stay at this hotel, the spa facilities, food and rooms were second to none and the hotel was so peaceful. We were in this area as I was born in Chester and needed somewhere local to my family and the city and this was perfect. Thank you to all at the hotel for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilM456

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are delighted that you had a fantastic relaxing stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked a one night stay for me and my husband through KGB deals for his birthday present and couldn't have enjoyed it more. We knew nothing about Rowton Hall and were both pleasantly surprised with the setting of the hotel when we arrived. When you walk into reception you are greeted with a beautiful area and a very warm and polite welcome. The staff are very polite, courteous, friendly and willing to help. The room was modern, clean, tidy and spacious with everything you might need including bath robes and slippers. The spa looked amazing and the swimming pool looked so inviting, we wish we had brought our swimming costumes.
The food in the restaurant was amazing and very reasonable at £26.50 each for a 3 course meal including coffee. Our breakfast was wonderful and fresh with a good selection of condiments too.
There was a wedding during our stay and the bar area did fill up but this didn't interfere or affect the stay in anyway and we couldn't hear noise during our meal or at night as we had been allocated room 24 which was well away from the wedding party.
We had a look around the hotel before we left and we shown 2 rooms being prepared for a wedding which looked beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel for a couples retreat, girls weekend or a wedding.

Thank you for a lovely stay and we can't wait to return :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn B
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you for your email and we are delighted that your husband had an enjoyable birthday. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowton Hall soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend booked a KGB deal for one night stay including breakfast and we couldn't of enjoyed it more.
The staff were very polite, friendly and willing to help. The room was clean and spacious. Spa facilities were lovely couldn't fault it, we also got given a bath robe and slippers to use if wish in the spa area.
The breakfast was lovely especially pleased as I have a gluten and wheat intolerance and they cater for my needs with no fuss.
Unfortunately we didn't get to eat at the restaurant due to our choice but when I go back to stay I would definitely book as I would expect the food to be really good.
There was a beautiful wedding going on during our stay but didn't interfere and couldn't hear noise at night.
Thank you for a lovely stay and looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lucy51114

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you had a lovely break with us.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

what a fantastic wedding day Rowton hall provided for us. We researched many places in the local area and had a weekend driving to all the different venues but the moment we stepped foot in Rowton hall we knew straight away it was the one! Our decision was reinforced further when we met the manager tony. He couldn't have been more helpful and we knew we could trust him to deliver a great wedding day.

During the run up to the big day we met the wedding planner Stacey who made sure all the fine details were sorted out. We also had a tasting meal where we were able to decide on the menu. All the food was superb and in the end we chose what we liked and what we thought would be popular with all our guests..feta cheese salad to start, pot chicken for mains and sticky toffee pudding for desert. It was superb! We had lots of comments from our guests about how much they loved the food.

Kurt was our toast master. He was brilliant in every way and went above and beyond his duties all day. He really couldn't have been more helpful. Keith was also on hand to make sure everything ran smoothly. These guys really are professional in every way and we can't thank them enough for looking after us. The day completely exceeded our expectations and we would like to express our gratitude and thanks to Rowton hall and all the staff for providing us with the best day of our lives. If you're looking for the ultimate wedding venue you've just found it..

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank BenR425
074, Front Office Manager at Rowton Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for your email and we are delighted that you had a fantastic wedding here at Rowton Hall Hotel and Spa. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to Tony and the team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Rowton Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I visited as a couple for a surprise birthday present, but this would be a good girlie getaway too. The room was amazing, we stayed in one of the suites, the staff were really attentive. It has a really relaxed feel about the place. Taxi ride into Chester is not too far, around £12 I think. One thing to do is book treatments in advance as we couldn't get in- this is our fault it was a last minute surprise! Not a cheap break but a fabulous weekend, would love love love to go back again,

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma1503

Thank you for your lovely review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your 'surprise birthday present'. I will certainly pass on your comments to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.