“good value for £”
Review of The Eaton Hotel

The Eaton Hotel
Ranked #42 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed at Eaton hotel over theweekend 29/01/10,and as it was not booked by me I was very wary about going after reading the reviews.
But for £45 for the 2 of us incl breakfast !!!!what can I say.it was really good.Room clean and had been refurbished been decorated and breakfast was good.It's undergoing a refurb at the moment.and staff really nice.
Yvonne and Geoff

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 December 2010

I didn't sleep alone in bed at the Eaton Hotel I had the company of some friends who were lodging in the mattress I believe. The room was large and warm and the bathroom big too but I was unable get any hot water from the shower.
The mattress must have been 25 years old and as I said above inhabited by unwanted "guests" I did take a sample of them down to the manager upon checking out but he didn't seem too interested. My advice would be you get what you pay for, and I'd certainly not stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 14 December 2010

There is a Premier Inn across the road - use this! A poor toliet flush system. Heating that couldn't be turned down or off - had to keep window open all night as I cooked like a fried egg! Awful smell in the shower room (room 11). I only did a one night booking for myself and my Mum - and I felt awful having asked her to put up with this for even just the one night. If the hotel had asked for my feedback in the morning then I would have been honest - needless to say they weren't interested.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank annadibley
Reviewed 24 November 2010

beware of room 2 it stinks still of raw sewage after bad reviews in 2008,no car park,freezing rooms,says AA 2 star god knows how!!!!!health and safety yeah right cracked window,the chap had to smash our door frame in so we could get in then had to wait 45 mins for somone to repair it,the list goes on and on and on!!!! refused to pay after sleeping on dirty bed sheets,shower tray was mouldy still,no hot water,saniflo toilet that kept going off in the night,never flushed,contacted local council now say there looking in to it STAY AWAY!!!!WATCH DOG UMMM!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed here for 1 night at beginning of August. Having read the reviews I was dubiuos to say the least.

Yes it is dated, but not that bad really. Lights did flicker in the room (18) but it was clean (ish) fresh towells that didnt smell (a bonus). A shower that didnt leak and soap and toiletries in the room.

Staff were helpful enough and I even got the iron and board when I asked for it.

If your looking for a Blackpool type of B&B then this is ok. Just....

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I wanted to meet up with some of my old university friends in Chester and didn't want to pay loads to staying in Chester and didnt want to impose on any of my friends so i looked on booking.com and found a room for two nights with breakfast at a very good rate at the Eaton hotel. To be honest I was expecting the worse as I had read the reviews but thought "hey its cheap", also it is in a great location, so when i arrived i was met by the friendly receptionist and found my room easily. when i got into my room i was pleasntly surprised it was spacious, had a large bed (i was expecting a single), nice ensuite and enough drawers/wardrobe space for two nights and tea making facilities. Yes the tv was small but i didnt spend too much time in my room to take notice but it did have all the freeview channels! It also had a view of the canal. The only downside was that the decor could be updated and there were a few chips in the sink etc, but it was cleaned to a high standard and I had few towels the next day. (having been a chambermaid im quite critical!) In the morning i was greeted and served a tasty breakfast although a little small and not that much choice on cereal. All in all if I was heading up to chester again i would stay at the Eaton.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2010

The radiator could not be turned off and was too hot. The shower was scalding. I complained after our first night and was assured it would be fixed. It was not.
When I checked out I complained again and asked for a discount. I felt so scared by the manager's response that I dialled 999 for the police before leaving,

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple