“Fantastic hotel”

Brookside Hotel
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Chester
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Fantastic hotel!!! Me and my husband went to Chester after our wedding day. As soon as the hotel knew this they upgraded me and my hubby to a gorgeous four poster room. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The staff were fantastic and really friendly, recommended some good places to eat. The bar was reasonable and a lovely way to end the evening. Breakfast was delicious too. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My friend and I met up here for a short break at the end of July - very enjoyable and small enough to be personal. The staff were all very friendly - small negative comments my shower - room 18 - left a lot to be desired couldn't adjust height as when I touched it it fell off. Walk into town took longer than stated - but all in all it was a very nice trip and we found the Chester people very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Quite narrow tread stairs to climb to get to rooms not ideal with a case
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have never felt like writing a review before on my experiences in hotels, but I felt compelled to write on my 3 day stay at The Brookside...
The welcome was sincere and very genuine, both my son (8) and myself felt welcome from the minute of our arrival, drinks were offered and we sat in the lounge chatting with other satisfied guests.
Both Anna & Ian on reception were professional and very helpful planning our day, we had transport to help us into Chester and all the service staff (Lois/ Amy) engaged with my son and helped him feel so welcome & comfortable.
The breakfast & dinner service were efficent, fresh, well cooked and we felt comfortable enough to stay in the lounge watching TV with all the other guests.
The staff clearly understand the owners ethos of a friendly and welcoming hotel and I would recommend a stay at The Brookside any time, I've booked for our next stay later in the year....
Well done Richard, Mark & Marian

• Stayed August 2012
burton-on-trent
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Just spent a week-end at Brookside Hotel, room was excellent, had twin room on the ground floor, very clean the staff were very friendly and helpful, also ate in the hotel restaurant the food was very good. Took about fifteen minutes to walk into Chester, great shopping. Don't miss the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet, spent a whole day there. Would definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: we had a room on the ground floor overlooking the car park, had no complaints at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel was great! Made to feel very welcome.Nothing was too much trouble. Dinner waitress was very funny and made the evening! Nice cosy sofas to relax on! An amazing four poster bed! Very romantic. Close to Chester (walking distance). Would highly recommend

Room Tip: 4 poster rooms are excellent
1 Thank suze1972
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

First time in Chester, checked web site, reviews, history etc, all information regarding the hotel/hotels, Good reviews. HOWEVER! Arrived, bedroom/on suite dissapoiointed, a cupboard for a wardrope, only window was over the kitchen between the bath and the toilet. The bath/shower if you were a "heavy person you would go through the bath. Mould on bath screen/rubber needs replacing, toilet dirty. Clothes of previous occupencys under bed for how long! lampshades dark and dusty. Dull looking room. no natural light
BREAKFAST, Cheap cereals in plastic containers, Staff could not distiquish coffee/tea cups. Cooked breakfast awlful, poorly cooked sausage and bacon. Staircases/door handles etc need cleaning and repainting. Hotel from the 50's sorry....

Room Tip: Try another hotel
2 Thank Jan G
IOM
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at Brookside from 5th July for 3 nights as one of a party of 11 from the Isle Of Man. I was in a small double room 22 which I loved. Very cosy,clean and a lovely bathroom and shower. The staff where extremeley friendly and helpful in every way,couldn't be faulted.We all had the evening meal for the 3 nights which again couldn't be faulted (we had 3 children in our group who fancied a pizza one night which wasn't on the menu but was provided and thoroughly enjoyed). The small bar satisfied our needs. Loved our stay and recomend it to all and it's only a short walk to Chester centre. If I was to be "picky".....I love the internet but couldn't receive it in the room, only in the public area. But hey ho!!! that doesn't retract what a gem of a place this is.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family