Brookside Hotel
US$110
US$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa small double roomcity centrefriendly hotelfour postermin strollrecommend this hotelevening mealbath showerjust returned from a night staybooked this hotelquiet locationtwo nightsfamily roomtop floorbreakfast was excellentfull englishcar park
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very friendly staff - Easy walking into Chester 15 - 20 mins, if you're not very mobile the hotel is on a bus route, bus stop outside hotel - taxi prices from city centre £3 - plenty of free parking - Breakfast are great plenty of choice - Had an lovely evening meal and would recommend giving it a try. Stayed in a standard double room which we found was snug, Quiet, very comfy bed, clean with a modern bathroom. My only gripe which stopped me giving 5 * is the water pressure for the shower, this we found very poor had to hold the shower nozzle over us to get wet and we were only on the first floor. |Would definitely recommend and use again, but please Brookside sort the water pressure out. (room 5)

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here 2 nights, really enjoyed it, Luckily got a ground floor room, as I had a bad knee and could not have climbed any stairs. Had to rest leg, and sat in the lobby / lounge area with my foot up, was looked after by the owner, who made me a sandwich and a cuppa for lunch, even though they don't do lunch.
Very nice people.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just returned from staying at the hotel for 2 nights. The room we were given was so small everytime we moved we knocked something over. The bathroom door could not open fully as it banged into the bed. Anyone on the larger side would not have fit in this room. It was supposed to be a double room but the room was too small to even fit a double bed. We complained to Madelaine who was the manager she was extremely rude and said we had booked a budget room and that was what we got. We paid £160 for 2 nights which I dont think is cheap for a room that does not even fit a double bed,

Apart from the size of the room and the rudeness of Madelaine the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and polite. The breakfast was good and the service excellent. Plenty of parking at the hotel. The hotel is about 15 mins walk from the centre which is not too bad.

Would recommend this hotel if the room would have been a proper double and Madelaine did note work there.

Room Tip: When booking ensure that the room has a proper double bed or appropriate single beds.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our friends. We couldn't have had a better weekend. The staff were very friendly and willing to assist in any way. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have stayed in and the bathroom was very modern, I cannot understand when some people have described it as dated, the reception area was comfortable and suited the building. There was plenty to choose from at breakfast time and we had one meal there which was very tasty and we thoroughly enjoyed. I think for the price we paid it was excellent value. The town is within easy walking distance so long as you wear flats. I have paid a similar price at other hotels and not had the value for money that came with this one and I would recommend this hotel. If you want modern then pay the price and stay at the Grosvenor otherwise you pay for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the hotel, I found the traffic noise interrupted my sleep
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Whilst the staff at the hotel couldn't be more friendly or helpful the hotel itself is very dated. Our room (which we paid £178 for 2 nights) was in the attic - pictures attached, with only 1 tiny window and an awful lot of stairs to climb to get to it. The bed was incredibly low and very uncomfortable and the décor was dated in the extreme. Very disappointing and made us stay out for as long as possible as we just didn't want to spend any time in the room. I also noted fake brick work arches - bricks were fake and the cement between them was foam and was peeling up. Breakfast consisted of very cheap products. Not at all happy with our stay - I wonder how the staff remain so cheerful.

Room Tip: don't agree to one of the attic rooms - lots of stairs and very hot rooms - also very dated.