During our shopping trips to Chester over the years we always start our morning with coffee and breakfast at the Grosvenor. It has always been an excellent way to start the day.
This time however it had noticeably gone down hill. On entering the Arkle bar lounge the waiter was more interested in his computer than us. No personal touches like a polite "good morning", or taking the coats as usual. Coffee was half the size it used to be and no chocolate brownies, other guest seemed to have these but the waiter was unfriendly and not attentive at all. The bacon sandwiches we also cold.
Two regular customers who may never return?
5 star.......more like 2!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of beautiful Chester, the Grade II listed building, with its black and white timbered façade belies the modern elegance of the interior. The hotel offers both relaxed Parisian style dining and an exquisite Michelin star experience along with luxurious bedrooms and a heavenly spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Chester Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Grosvenor Hotel Chester
- The Hotel Chester
- The Chester Grosvenor Cheshire