The Chester Grosvenor
  • Pool
Edgar House(Chester)
  • Breakfast included
2,738 results
All reviewssimon radley restaurantla brasseriearkle barthermal suitemichelin star restaurantturn down serviceafternoon teacontinental breakfastdeluxe roombeautiful hotelmini bartable serviceluxury hotelspecial occasionporridgeon arrivalcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Grosvenor on Monday evening for a treat. We booked the hotel through Secret escapes as the deal offered was too good to miss. On arrival, our bags were taken off us by the lovely door man. We were a couple of hours early but our room was available straight away. The deluxe room was beautiful. The bed was massive and very comfy. The mini bar prices in the room were expensive but its what i expected in a posh hotel. The continental breakfast was included in our deal which was lovely. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the late check out was a nice extra. My only negative is that tea and coffee facilities in the room isn't offered. We never used the spa facilities although it looked lovely. The hotel is beautiful although a little too posh for our liking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel overnight on Sunday 8th September to celebrate our wedding anniversary and have to say what a fantastic time we had. Our 'classic' room was a delight with THE most comfortable bed and pillows to die for! The hotel had even left a "Happy Anniversary" card in our room.
The evening meal in the Brasserie was delicious and extremely good value £30 per head incl a good bottle of wine! The service in the Restaurant was efficient without being 'stuffy' and each member of staff was a delight. The waiters/waitresses were well mannered, knowledgeable about the food/wine and truly pleasant. They should be highly commended. A lovely choice of breakfast and again very pleasant staff. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. I know people say "you get what you pay for" but on this occasion I would have to say we got the best and more besides.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We came for a one night stay and meal for our wedding anniversary. From arrival to departure a perfect stay. The staff could not have given better service. We had a classic room that was extemely well appointed. A huge, fabulously comfortable bed with pillows to match! Top quality television, dvd player and Bose wave system. Also of note, the most comprehensive mini bar I've ever seen. Sunday evening menu in La Brasserie was good value at £60 per couple for three courses with a bottle of wine.
It isn't cheap....... but cheap is not what a venue like this should be. Top class hotel that certainly lives up to its reputation.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We came here during a trip to Chester. It was a great experience. The food was like something out of Masterchef.... superb! And for 30.00 a head for 3 courses it was excellent value.
Just one thing - I found it a bit disconcerting that we seemed to have a different waiter/waitress at each juncture. But it was'nt a problem - this was a great fine dining experience.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had a special offer from Secret Escapes in which I selected to have dinner in the Brasserie, therefore expected that I would be given dinner without any further charges only to have it pointed out to me that all that was available was the meat course on a small selection of meals and you had to pay for the extras. They did offer £25 discount on the main menu. The food was good but a tad expensive but I suppose if you are more used to this grade of hotel then it probably wouldn't seem that way.

The room was quite nice with a 6ft (two 3ft joined together) bed, which was quite comfortable but it overlooked Eastgate and being the main thoroughfare for pedestrians and shoppers it did not provide much in the way of peace and quiet, buskers playing till quite late (some good some not so), drunken revelry in the early hours and then vehicular traffic, mainly vans and lorries delivering to the nearby shops from early morning. The bathroom was small but adequate with a shower over the bath and the shower head needed some attention as it wasn't flowing well. Forgot to mention this to reception. Very nice and well stocked mini bar but also well overpriced.

This was my first time staying in a 5 star hotel and although it was nice, I maybe should not get above my station in life as I could have had 5 nights elsewhere say in a Premier Inn (which are just as comfortable and also have hairdryers) for what it cost me here. It all depends on whether you want all the trimmings or not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple