Excellent location. Very good Spa but room not as good as I had thought it would be. We were in Chester for family research and some Christmas shopping and staying for one night. I booked the basic room at £165 a night. It was nicely decorated but small, overlooked the car park, windows didn't open [we like fresh air not air conditioning]. Bathroom was a reasonable size but there were rather unpleasant brown smears on the tiles [I asked the nice "turn down" lady to clean it and she kindly did so]. We had not come across the "hospitality tray" thing before but on asking if they had tea/coffee making facilities in the room or should we order morning tea they said they would send up a tray. On arrival at the room in the afternoon we asked the girl to send the tray up as soon as possible. After nearly an hour we rang down to see where it was and it eventually arrived. The tray did have a selection of a couple of teas, some coffee "sachets", 2 mugs and a pot plus sugar and a kettle. Morning paper delivered at a reasonable time.
The hotel didn't appear to be full of staying guests but bar/restaurants very busy. Upgrading would encourage people to come back. In addition, on arrival we wanted lunch in the Bar but all tables were fully booked as was afternoon tea. .Nice waiter suggested we sit at the bar on stools which we did. People were queuing for the Brasserie at lunchtime too. We had pre-booked the Brasserie for dinner. So do book everything in advance especially around Christmas time. It appeared there were no concessions for staying guests but the next day we found an area on the 1st floor where it appeared you could have food. No one told us this!
We have stayed in a lot of hotels in the last 6 weeks so perhaps had rather high expectations.
We shall look for somewhere else to stay when next visiting Chester.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of beautiful Chester, the Grade II listed building, with its black and white timbered façade belies the modern elegance of the interior. The hotel offers both relaxed Parisian style dining and an exquisite Michelin star experience along with luxurious bedrooms and a heavenly spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Chester Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Grosvenor Hotel Chester
- The Hotel Chester
- The Chester Grosvenor Cheshire