We booked an overnight DBB stay at the last minute on a whim, to try the food. It is undoubtedly Michelin standard but did not 'wow' us as other starred establishments have done this year.
The waitress was excellent and the heavily loaded bread trolley was a nice touch.
The room was much as expected - small but well-presented.
Breakfast was a disappointment - I've never before had poached eggs with a solid yolk surrounded by some uncooked white - how did they do that?!
Paying the bill, it felt a little expensive. Looking at it later, I realised we had been charged for our dinner in addition to the cost of the dinner, bed & breakfast package. A phone call was followed by an hour's wait before confirmation that the extra £150 would be refunded. Had it not been for this fiasco I would not have noticed the 12.5% service charge which was even applied to breakfast - do they not pay their staff a living wage?
We shan't be returning - there are far better Michelin starred restaurants in the region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of beautiful Chester, the Grade II listed building, with its black and white timbered façade belies the modern elegance of the interior. The hotel offers both relaxed Parisian style dining and an exquisite Michelin star experience along with luxurious bedrooms and a heavenly spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Chester Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Grosvenor Hotel Chester
- The Hotel Chester
- The Chester Grosvenor Cheshire