Have you ever gone back to a hotel even though your previous visits were underwhelming, in the hope that it will all be magically wonderful on another visit?? Well hopefully you are a little more sensible than me! I returned to the Chester Grosvenor for my third stay on the basis of "third time lucky". This hotel comes from a good family with all the right breeding, It looks good, it has nice manners- so then why does it never hit the mark? The rooms are pleasant however the air-conditioning is simply hopeless- your choice is stuffy or freezing! And the bathrooms are always hot because of the intense halogen lighting! It's always rather like stepping onto a movie set to so to the toilet!
But it's the service that lets the place down- it is not so much bad service but rather service with no warmth or interest in the guest. Staff just seem to be going through the motions albeit politely but are quite disengaged.
Sadly, the whole experience is underwhelming. The Chester Grosvenor has all the hallmarks of a great hotel........but unfortunately, it just isn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of beautiful Chester, the Grade II listed building, with its black and white timbered façade belies the modern elegance of the interior. The hotel offers both relaxed Parisian style dining and an exquisite Michelin star experience along with luxurious bedrooms and a heavenly spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Chester Grosvenor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chester Grosvenor Hotel Chester
- The Hotel Chester
- The Chester Grosvenor Cheshire