The Chester Grosvenor
US$65
US$116
PremierInn.com
2,742 results
All reviewssimon radley restaurantla brasseriearkle barthermal suitemichelin star restaurantturn down serviceafternoon teacontinental breakfastdeluxe roombeautiful hotelmini bartable serviceluxury hotelspecial occasionporridgeon arrivalcar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of May. Arriving at the hotel it reminded me of the old style London hotels, several doormen in attendance to look after your luggage for you while you checked in. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. At breakfast you were able to choose what you wanted from the set continental menu or pay extra for the full English. These were served at the table, no queuing for buffet style. Not sure that I would return again, my preference is a more modern hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had an amazing day at Chester Races yesterday, however this was slightly spoiled by our experience at the Grosvenor Hotel. Having paid a substantial amount of money to stay here some of the staff were rude and did not make us welcome at all. Think we would have been more welcome at the premier inn and saved ourselves a fortune! Not impressed and we will not be returning to the Grosvenor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Beverly320
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Was here on business quite recently. Wish I had more time to explore this quaint and charming city, but maybe in the future I can bring my family. Stayed at the Chester Grosvenor, perhaps the best place to stay while in town. The location is very central. It was right beside shops and restaurants. Right when you are standing by the entrance of the hotel, the East Gate, a historic part of the city, is clearly visible. Lots of tourists flock to this area to see a combination of Edwardian and Tudor-inspired architecture and design. As the weather was not that great during my short stay, I only managed to see the Chester Cathedral. Very pretty and picturesque. It was a few steps away from the hotel. Chester Grosvenor feels very much like a boutique hotel, but not typical of small hotels located in the outskirts. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are well-designed and very comfortable. Breakfast was also delicious. Did. OT have a chance to have tea or drinks, but perhaps next time when I return with the family. It seemed like a very busy hotel though, as I could only check-in after 3 pm. There were several tourist groups in-house, but still did not lose its charm and appeal. I will be very comfortable to recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues traveling to Cheshire, U.K.

Room Tip: Try to get room close to the lift as the shape of the hotel is quite odd so the corridors can be winding, especially if you don't want to walk much going back to your room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Octoberians
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful experience we had today. The service was impeccable and the food was absolutely perfect. An experience that will always be remembered for the right reasons. We shall most definitely return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chriswdudley
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently stayed for a short break. On arrival I found it a little unwelcoming at reception. Everyone was exceptionally polite but a little austere. However, I did warm to the staff as time went on. Our room was lovely.....very very comfortable bed, clean and well furnished. NO KETTLE or complimentary refreshments though.....mortal sin! A call to reception rectified this.

We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast....I had the continental and my husband had a full English on both mornings. We had one evening meal and that too was delicious. As were the cocktails. Service in the restaurant was first class.

The hotel is in a fantastic position in the centre of Chester. The spa is well worth a visit.

Really enjoyed our stay and would have scored it excellent except for missing 'smile' from reception staff and NO KETTLE

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple