The Chester Grosvenor
Travelocity
US$93
PremierInn.com
2,783 results
All reviewssimon radley restaurantla brasseriearkle barthermal suitemichelin star restaurantturn down serviceafternoon teacontinental breakfastdeluxe roombeautiful hotelmini bartable serviceluxury hotelspecial occasionporridgeon arrivalcar park
Reviewed 13 June 2014

One night stop over, and what a great place

Service beyond your expectation, to some extent they are thinking about it before you ask

Rooms were spacious, spotless and had everything you needed....except Coffee / Tea making facility, but if you wanted they would bring it up for you

The gym was small but plenty of equipment to shake off a few of the lbs..!!

Breakfast was very good, anything and everything you could want was available.

A few of our team went for the Full English, and these were spot on and perfect.

My porridge, ad nut topping was good, as was the fruit salad

So all in all really good experience

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the high street, it is very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Weary-Traveller007
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel deserves every star it has and more.My husband and I have just returned from a 3 night stay and have had a wonderful time.The moment we arrived we were greeted by friendly doormen who took our cases, receptionist who was most helpful , and all staff were attentive, thorough and polite.Both restraunts served excellent food ++ with exceptional service. The Simon Radley restraunt is a must and something out of this world. My husband and I do not have loads of money but truly felt that the Chester Grosvenor was worth every penny. We have nothing at all to say badly of this hotel but lots of good. Thank you Grosvenor staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lindsey1961
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Chester Grosvenor. Our room was spacious, it was very clean and tidy, very tastefully furnished, the bathroom was very well equipped and fully met our needs, there were ample toiletries supplied.

The breakfasts were lovely and there was such a good choice of breakfast items, I thoroughly enjoyed the vegetarian breakfast instead of the traditional English breakfast and I would recommend it. On two evenings we ate in the Brasserie, the menu was varied and the choices were really varied and presented well. One evening we ate in the Simon Radley Michelin star restaurant. We had a fantastic evening, the food was superb, and the presentation was superb. The staff who dealt with us were so efficient and friendly. In all my years of going to hotels and staying in similarly rated establishments nothing compared with this hotel and the food on offer, it was just a fantastic experience to eat here.

The Staff who we came across were efficient, very helpful and pleasant and not intrusive, they were all a credit to the hotel.

The furnishings anywhere within the hotel were tasteful and elegant.

I would stay at this hotel again as they say " in a heartbeat ". A stay at the Chester Grosvenor will not disappoint you at all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Degman
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visited here on 3rd June for my mothers 75th birthday, we booked for afternoon tea, we were told that we had the table for two hours only!!!! At £28 per person or £39 for a strawberry and champagne upgrade. The service was second to none, can't fault that and the food was delicious, my only grumble was the room itself, nothing palatial as I'd expected, we were crammed into a pokey corner and the room smelled of fish that was being served on a nearby table!!!!! Not something you want to smell having afternoon tea!!!! With 16% service charge making our bill for four people, £152.00, I expected more, disappointed customer

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 167loraine
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A disappointing night away - £200 for one night in a deluxe room. Stains on the valance no dressing gowns and turn down service is the cover of the bed turned down! Spa full booked so no chance of a treatment but we could pay £35 to use the thermal thingy?? Poor service in the brasserie (stomping staff, not offered wine list or even fries with steak!) came back from a drink in a bar up the road at 11pm to find we were locked out and the hotel bar shut- but hey we could hear the people outside on the high street at 4am having a fab time. Over priced breakfast with more stomping staff- this is not a luxury hotel - so disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends