We booked one night on the hotel Summer Deal offer and we were very pleased. It is in a good position right opposite the train station, although we travelled by car with parking available on the hotel premises or on the station car park at the rear of the hotel.
We had a standard room, which wasn't huge but ample for us and good facilities. The bathroom was modern and bright.
A three course meal was included in the price, and a free drink each in the bar. The meal was superb, served in the Kings Grill, with great service. When they found out it was my wife's birthday, a cocktail each was provided at the end if the meal- a nice touch! The buffet breakfast was also very good, with an excellent choice.
Queens is situated just out of Chester centre, but a lovely 15 mins walk along the canal takes you to the main area.
I have not awarded 5 stars for two reasons;
1. We had a faulty loo seat, and completed a form and hung it outside the room door as instructed, but it had stil not been fixed when we checked out.
2. The same receptionist checked us in and out, and appeared a little surly. We were not told the breakfast arrangements or advised that the door key operated the electrics. On check out, we were not asked if we had enjoyed our stay, or if everything was to our satisfaction. No real interest shown in us as customers.
We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner - Chester and Cheshire Large Hotel of the Year 2010. Winner - Cateys Excellence in Customer Service. Winner - Marketing Cheshire, Excellence in Business Tourism. Large, plush hotel with a wow around every corner. Recently enjoyed a £20million refurbishment and expansion. Attached to the railway station in Chester city centre. The best breakfast in the city. Brand new, 2 AA rosette award winning Kings' Grill room restaurant with the longest cocktail list in Chester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queens Hotel Chester
- Chester Hotel Queen
- Best Western Chester
- Queen Hotel Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester Cheshire