Nicely refurbished Hotel - formerly a Country House, on the outskirts of Chester. Easy to access from M53 and A55/A483 on the Warrington/Hoole Road. The Hotel retains some of its olde world character with it's Georgian facade and charming fountain, pond and gardens. It has merged with the present day with its modern clean, comfortable rooms. A warm cookie awaits you on arrival (simply delicious!) and the front of house staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Free internet and a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and biscuits in our King sized bed guestroom. Crabtree and Evelyn quality toiletries in a clean and modern bathroom and soft fluffy towels galore! There is a Marco Pierre White restaurant which looked inviting but unfortunately we had made other plans for dinner - perhaps next time... The Spa and swimming pool were closed for refurbishment - but as we had been advised of this, it was not a problem. Breakfast was busy but we were shown to our table straight away and informed that breakfast was a 'serve yourself' buffet. The food was plentiful, even though we were close to the 1000am cut off point. A variety of choices from Continental, to full English with a healthy fruit/yogurt option were available. We sat in a lovely light and airy part of the conservatory - ie glazed panel at the bottom and open to the elements at the top - looking on to the garden (which to add to our delight was warm and sunny)! Cheshire Oaks Shopping Village is literally ten minutes away in the car (Head North on the M53 towards Liverpool and you practically fall into it)! A Haven for shopping enthusiasts with many designer outlets, various eateries and next door at the Coloseum - a Cinema and other out of Town stores.
You can walk to Chester City Train Station from here- it takes approx twenty five minutes for the able bodied! You can then pick up the 'City Link' bus service which is a free ride into town - a great idea but beware, the bus gets very busy- passengers are packed in - so avoid if you suffer from claustrophobia! Alternatively, a taxi will take you directly to the Centre which is about a 7 minute ride and costs between £8-10.
In conclusion, a nice Hotel for quality clientele in an excellent location with a good range of facilities - check in advance for any proposed maintenance works! Loved the welcome cookie!! Recipe please!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire