What I love about Doubletree Chester by Hilton is the modern up to date feel of the hotel and Spa. It feels and looks luxurious and not dated like so many UK hotels. After a full day in Chester shopping we made our way to the hotel by car and before settling down for night I had a double brandy and my wife had a Malibu and lemonade in the comfortable bar where the waiters were very attentive. On awaking the following morning after breakfast we headed to the spa area which is brilliant (been there before on a spa day and enjoyed excellent massages) with several cubicles/rooms for Sauna, Steam, Perfumed, etc; The pool is a good length (though not the widest) so you can really get a good swim in. The area with the jaccuzi also incorporates a great and powerful bubble bed and leads to a small but enjoyable outdoor pool area with waterfall. There are several relaxers to lie on though they are not flat and have a concave at the region around the small of your back and therefore tend to be less comfortable because of that. There is also a lounge type seating area with glowing fire effect if all the beds are taken. Our room was a King sized bedroom with Samsung TV, radio, telephone and a modern ensuite amongst other features and was very comfortable indeed. My wife and I did not try the Marco Pierre White restaurant in the hotel as we had a good days shopping in the nearby lovely old walled city of Chester and ate out in the city throughout the day. We did have a continental breakfast in the hotel's brasserie which we enjoyed, I would have had the full english but did not particularly like the way it was set out - looked as if it had been put out earlier and the eggs and black pudding etc looked to have dried out too much for my liking. Instead I had fresh orange juice then my choice of cereal after which I made a wholemeal sandwich of ham and cheese followed by toast and marmalade with coffee. My wife had cereal, croisants then toast and jam with tea. The breakfast we chose came to approx £8.50 each. The full English would have been around £12.50. The restaurant seating was comfortable and after 4 hours or so in the Spa on our second day we had a light lunch of a Gormet sandwich for my wife and a hot beef baguette for myself plus 2 pots of tea, again, very enjoyable and in comfortable sofa seating within lovely surroundings. Overall we had a great weekend and the Hilton Doubletree Chester helped to make it that way for us so I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to chill out and de-stress. If you want to be nearer to Chester in order to simply walk into the centre then I would suggest 'The Mill' hotel and spa. The spa at the mill isn't as good as Doubletree's but it is only a few minutes walk into the centre of Chester and is a fairly good hotel. Often both of these hotels have offers on one or more of the offer sites such as Living Social/Groupon/etc; So look out for these ... usually they are for day spa and treatments rather than overnight stays though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Prestigia, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire