I firstly e-mailed and rang the spa leaving a voice message and there was no response. I rang the hotel and got through to someone called Allie who was helpful, efficient and booked in the treatments and tried to organise an early check in then rang to say this was no problem otherwise my daughter and her friend would be sat for 2 and a half hours doing nothing.
Arriving at the hotel on daughters birthday we are told they cannot accommodate early check in so I ask that if they could try and honour the early check in and guests leave at 12, 1pm should be fine.
Massage which was meant to be the hour long Elemis massage, but is finished at 12.45 taken for manicure which again fell about 15 minutes short of the half hour in a cold room. By this time it's 1.15 and I wait with my daughter for her manicure, same cold room although they do spend the right amount of time.
Told to sit in the dream waves room but it was full of dirty glasses and cups, and frankly absolutely filthy. The robes were threadbare and it was all a bit grimy.
I then at about 2pm go back to reception and ask if the rooms are ready, still no, girls are sitting on the dirty reception sofa and I think no, not doing that for an hour so she then finds two clean rooms that are meant to be together, bearing in mind this request was sent over a month ago and even if you take into account a guest staying till 12, two hours later still not ready?
Finally get into rooms at 2.30pm and wait for girls to be able to go swimming, go down girl at reception is on the phone and makes no acknowledgement of our presence..for a good 5-10 minutes, then asked for the 'paper bit that goes with your room key, you could have just walked in off the street having kept the key from last time' firstly, if I was going to have a little flirt with danger, gaining fraudulent entry to the Double tree spa is not on my list plus the sign saying this was on the front of the open sign on book, which faces the counter, why you imagine people can't keep the piece of paper from 'last time' is beyond me, also the same girl saw us in the morning while paying for treatments. I did tell her how let down I was by the entire experience, check in, spa, treatments and the pool had thumping dance music and was again just the wrong side of clean.
I didn't particularly want a 'discussion' regarding this all at the time as it would have not been nice for my daughter.
This is the e-mail sent to the hotel over a fortnight ago and the response was we will look into it. That's it. I didn't post this review until now as I didn't want a reply stating I had not given them an opportunity to apologise. We paid nearly £400 for this 'experience' not including breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire