“Hope this isn't the standard at all Doubletrees”

Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersBronze level
blackpool
“Hope this isn't the standard at all Doubletrees”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

What can i say. The room was appalling

Hairs in the bath and on the taps
Hair in the bed
Stain on the bed and a bloodstain!! On the pillow

Stayed here before it was a doubletree. Massively disappointed would be an understatement. Complained and received some honours points but i wouldn't stay again and wished id asked for more as it was very poor

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

I do believe that one of our Duty Managers spoke to you directly whilst you were staying with us to help to rectify your issues.

We hope that you do come back and stay with us again soon, and give us the opportunity to prove we are capable of providing a relaxing and comfortbale stay and that this is by no means a reflection on our usual high standards.

Kirsty Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

on first sight this appeared to be lovely hotle but once inside the room then the cracks began to show.
firstly the curtains in the room were dirty and could have done with changing.also found it unable to have just the reading lights with out the remaining room lights being on as well.
also if your are thinking of going into chester you will either need to take your car or get a taxi as quite a long walk otherwise which was not expected ..

on the plus side pool and spa very good with the only downside bing the lift not working at the time of visit.

overall could do better

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to tank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

I am sorry that you felt the furnishings in the room were below standard. We are currently in the process of updating a lot of our rooms, as they do get tired with wear and tear, and this should help to improve this.

I am glad that you enjoyed the use of the facilities in our Club and Spa.

We hope that you are able to come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Doubletree on one of their stay and dine offers on the 23rd December 2013 and had the most wonderful time. The room was spacious and comfortable with a great shower. The food in the brasserie was first class and the service throughout the hotel was impeccable. Amy who works in the brasserie was particularly attentive & is a real asset to the hotel.
The Spa and pool area is also fantastic, so relaxing, the perfect place to unwind.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a review with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you took advantage of our current stay and dine package and had a great stay with us.

I am delighted that the food in our Brasserie restaurant was first class for you.

We hope you get the opportunity to come and stay with us again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Unfortunately I have found the customer service very poor. I'm planning a weekend away to celebrate a year together with my partner. I found a room at a very reasonable price, so rang the spa to arrange something they could do for me. I got the prices and thought it all sounded within budget so informed the spa person that I would call tomorrow to book. The man in the spa had excellent customer service skills. I put the phone down and decided that there was no point waiting until the morning so rang reception to book the overnight stay, the intention was to then be put through to the spa to book what we had discussed. The reception lady informs me that the room price is now increased by 50%, I check online and this is infact the case. I told her the story that I had been on the phone with the spa and rang back immediately to book, in my opinion I began the process when the price was still lower. If I had started booking online and left it at the payment page then it would still have been at the lower price while I had been on the phone with the spa. The disappointing thing was the response from reception/reservations whose customer service was very poor, almost rude. I would however take the opportunity to praise the spa for their excellent customer service. Unfortunately my time spend researching the perfect weekend has now been undone, with a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danny N
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helpful to us for improving our service. Please accept my sincere apologies of you feel you had received poor service from us.

We do operate a live booking system and rate changes can take place at anytime, and anything quoted is subject to availability and change.

I will feed your comments back to our reservation and reception teams, once again please accept my apologies.

We hope that you are able to take advantage of one of our competitive room rates and come and stay with us at some point soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here for a night out in Chester. Its proximity is very useful and its nice to have a spa the next day. When we arrived we were told that we cannot use the Spa after we had checked out. We had booked the hotel on that basis. After a chat with the Spa manager she allowed us, to use the Spa the next day. This was a nice touch but really, it should not have been an issue. The policy was changed after our booking and we had to do the leg work to sort this out.

The room was clean, appeared newly decorated and comfortable. No complaints here. The cookie on arrival was a lovely touch. As a coeliac, I was given a fruit bowel. Lovely touch.

However, what has been frustrating, the food. We stopped for Sunday lunch and were given off food. I complained to the manager who said that the Chef stated the food was not off. They reduced the bill, but it doesn't take a genius to realise when food is off. The fact that he kept saying that they would refund but its not off food was really disappointing. Needless to say, we ate elsewhere. I would not recommend eating here at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking some time to share a review with us. I am pleased that you had a nice stay with us, and we were able to offer a coeliac option indetad of a cookie for you.

We have some months ago introduced a policy whereby all guests have use of the spa for the duration of their stay, from check-in at 3pm to checkout the following day at 12 noon. This is to ensure that everybody gets fair use of the facilities on offer, We were experiencing issues whereby we had to stop allowing guests on arrival into the spa as guests from the previous day had stayed after checkout. It is purely down to health and safety, so as to not over-populate the spa and allow it to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. It is open as a Club and Spa in its own right, aswell as being complimetary access for hotel guests. I am pleased that the spa manager was kind enough to allow you through after checkout.

It disappoints me to read that you had difficulties in our restaurant, I am reasured to read that the manager rectified this by offering a full refund.

We hope that you are able to come and visit us again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Our stay at the Double Tree was excellent, the staff and the hotel were wonderful. Even though I had forgotten to tell the organizers I only eat fish, no meat. It was not a problem and even though it was late notice they provided a delicious alternative. The service on such a busy evening was excellent and friendly. Our room was beautiful too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 2 nights from Christmas Eve for Christmas. We booked two rooms, dinner on Christmas Eve in the Brasserie and Christmas Day lunch in the MPW restaurant. We were greeted with warm cookies on arrival. Rooms were lovely, very clean with comfy beds. Dinner Christmas Eve in the Brasserie, was pleasant, pub style food and good service. Breakfast was delicious, all cooked fresh and lots of choice. The best part of the stay was Christmas Dinner in MPW. Beautiful decor with lovely views of the grounds. The food was delicious and we had a lovely meal. Overall a fantastic Christmas and would definitely recommend!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

All the team here at the DoubleTree Chester would like to thank you for choosing to spend Christmas 2013 with us.

It is fantastic to read that you had a lovley time with us, and inparticular had a delicious meal on Christmas Day in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse.

Your comments are really important to us and I will be certain to share them with everyone here.

We hope you are able to come back and visit us again soon, and we thank you for your review.