“check-out”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brussels, Belgium
“check-out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I had to wait for 15 mins to check-out. There was a long queue and only 1 person at the desk - people were really complaining ! I would expect an easy, quick check-out, especially in the morning when people have to catch planes, trains, taxis,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

It disappoints me to read that you had to queue to check out. We do offer an express check-out service, whereby you are able to sign the bill left under your door through the night and leave it at reception to be processed and forwarded on to you to avoid having to wait.

I apologise if this service was not of help to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree in the near future.

Kirsty Martin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I can not say how much we appreciate the way we where treated by the staff of this hotel from start to finish Rachel in sales was so helpful in the booking and arranging the room and on the day we where looked after by two gentlemen called Dave & Adam who where a credit to the hotel every member of my family where impressed with the service we received so please give a BIG thank you from me David Wightman

• Stayed February 2014
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Mr Wightman

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree to hold your remembrance for John.

I have passed your thanks on to Rachel in our events team, who helped to organise this special time for you and also to Dave and Adam who ran the day for you.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Thought I would book this for a special birthday treat for the wife and I. Looks a nice hotel and wanted to do a SPA treatment and eat at Marco's Restaurant on site. Seemed like a great idea..... This is the most difficult night away I have ever tried booking. You have to book all 3 events seperately. The SPA 'NEVER' answer the phone. (yes I do mean NEVER) reception can't book Marco's as they haven't had the training on the booking computer. (???) Phoned at least 8 times and emailed. Eventually all booked, hurray. Then we arrived. Pool was very busy, SPA massage had wedding guests running outside, so very noisey and not relaxing. Think more conveyor belt experience than special pamper. Marco's was average if I was being polite. The specials steak was terrible. (The staff were excellent in restaurant.) great atmosphere. Nice bedroom. Booked out in morning and they overcharged by £100. Sorted that... 3 days later the SPA charged me again.. Phoned to get a refund. (did I mention they never answer the phone?) eventually spoke to hotel reception who said someone would phone me back. They did and refunded. Nice facilities, nice hotel. Hope I was just an unlucky client. Not easy to book. Don't pick steak off special's. Other steaks looked nice. Been to nicer SPA's but the facilities are good.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments realting to your recent stay with us.

It disappoints me to read that you left the hotel feeling less than satisfied with your exeperience, especially in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and the Club and Spa.

This is certainly not the normal high standard of service we wish to deliver to our guests.

I am pleased that you did like the facilities in our Club and Spa and the hotel itself.

We do hope that you will consider coming to stay with us again, so that we are given the opportunity to prove that we are more than capable of providing a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The reception desk were not very helpful when I called with regards to the early check in upgrade that I was offered at £16 a couple of days before, I don't understand why it is offered if the hotel cannot guarantee an early check in we had a wedding at the hotel and did not want to travel in our wedding attire, I asked if there was anywhere to change if an early check in was not an option and I was told quite bluntly 'the toilets' . The service of staff in the dining & bar area was also very poor we kept getting charged different prices for the same drinks which in themselves were not cheap £4.50for a pint of Guinness.

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies if you felt misled at all by the offer of an early check-in. This is something we are not normally able to guarantee until the day of arrival. This is due to all guests being allowed to check-out of their rooms at 12 noon. As you can appreciate if the hotel is full the night prior to your arrival, and all guests choose to check-out at 12 noon, then it is near impossible for us to have rooms ready before the designated check-in time. If you arrive at the hotel and a room is ready, we will always check you in, and we priortise ready rooms for those guests who have requested this service prior to arrival. The only way to guarantee an early check-in is to book your room for the night before so that no-one else is able to reserve that room.

I hope that you were able to enjoy the wedding that you attended and will consider coming back to stay with us again soon.

Sale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We've stayed here a few times before and the experience is always consistently good. The pool and spa facilities on site are excellent and towels are provided at no extra cost. Cookie on arrival is a nice touch. All staff were polite, helpful and friendly. As it was my wife's birthday, they sent a complimentary birthday cake up to our room which was a lovely gesture and tasted great! My only minor issue was that no skimmed milk was available at breakfast, which is all my wife can drink due to health issues. I don't expect many people to request skimmed milk though so we understood when they said there wasn't any available. Another good stay and will be staying again in the future when visiting Chester.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to share a review.

I am pleased to read that you have had another enjoybale stay with us, and found all staff to be helpful and attentive during your stay,

Please let us know when you are returning and we will make sure we have skimmed milk available for your wife.

We all look forward to seeing you back soon for some more Cookies.

Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Visited the Double Tree again yesterday after a lovely spa visit a couple of years ago. Booked on a similar deal - although not quite as good value as the first time- through living social.

First off - the good points. The facilties are good- steam room, hamman, sauna, jacuzzi, outside pool etc. Changing rooms are nice with really powerful showers and good hairdryers. The best point of the day was my hot stone massage - so so good and relaxing. The lady on reception also was helpful when we needed to change 2 appointments when we arrived from what we had prebooked.

Next - the bad points. I guess they had a really good response to the living social deal because even on a Monday day the pool area was rammed. There were no free beds or chairs so once you're out of the pool / steam room etc what are you meant to do?? Sit on the floor!???? We were also left waiting quite a while to be seated for lunch because the poor guy in the restaurant was on his own. He was seating people, refilling the buffet, getting the drinks, clearing the tables - all by himself! Poor guy! The lunch was OK but I got some cheese and biscuits for afterwards and the cheese had cleary been sat out for quite some time - the edges had gone hard and discoloured. NOT NICE.

I was also annoyed to realise after we got home (when I was looking at the email that contained the offer) that our spa day should have included a glass of fizz for each of us but none of us were offered this at all, even though I saw lots of people at lunch with champagne glasses, plus in the area where you wait for your treatment some people had them too.

It's a nice spa but really needs to minimise the amount of people that can come in at once - or get a lot more beds. I don't think I will book again if this offer comes up which is a shame as we had such a good time the first time around.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stocktonhfoodie
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review relating to a recent spa day with us.

I am pleased that you liked the use of the steam rooms, hamman and jacuzzi areas, and also enjoyed your hot stones massage.

Our spa is exetremely popular and is open to hotel residents as well as spa users so the pool area can become a little busy. The staff are very good at monitoring the number of people in the area to avoid it being over populated, I would like to apologise if you felt that this had happened during your visit.

We hope that you will consider using the Spa again, and we look forwrad to seeing you back soon.

Deganwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Everything was FAB, the disabled room was amazing, wetroom & bathroom, lounge area and swivel TV in the middle of the room so can be watched from the settee or the bed, awesome. The day was very special at this Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

I am delighted that you had a very special and memorable day with us here at the DoubleTree Chester for your son's wedding.

It is great to hear that our accessible room was adequate and spacious to help with all your needs, enabling you to have a realxing stay.

All the team look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel again soon, and wish your son and his new partner all the very best for their new life together.