Booked the hotel for 2 nights as a Birthday treat for my other half. Arrived early due to early flight from Ireland and was able to avail of an early check in. Super service. Staff on reception very helpful - however only disappointment was not to receive any of your famous cookies upon arrival :(
That said, later that afternoon, we did receive a lovely Birthday cake to the room which was a great surprise and my partner really appreciated that lovely touch.
The room was compact but very clean and everything worked. Bed comfortable and bathroom was spotless. Toiletries replenished on 2nd day too...
Bar food was fantastic - ate in the bar for lunch on both days and was not disappointed. Food was plentiful and served promptly. The bar staff took time to remember our drinks - great service!
Used the leisure facilities on the 2nd day - very busy and waited over 40 minutes just to get in / sign in as there seemed a lot of spa couples and not enough staff able to deal with the queue. That said all the steam / sauna areas worked and were clean. The relaxation area poolside was strewn with gowns, towels and slippers left by other patrons who were off enjoying their spa treatments. Not the fault of the hotel but maybe some housekeeping rules should be enforced. The pool looked lovely but was packed due to a class when I eventually got in. Gym was well equipped and other half was impressed too!
Each evening after going out we visited the bar upon our return - all the guys working were super helpful, friendly and professional. Despite some of them being on a long shift (having served us our lunch earlier in the day) they were fantastic to deal with. A credit to the hotel.
Breakfast on the day of check out was ridiculous - there had been a wedding on the night before and there was not a table to be had for over 20 minutes. Ended up leaving with no breakfast and making reference to it on check out - given a weak apology at reception. What might have been nice is maybe offered a take away tea/coffee and some pastries for our journey back to the airport as an apology...
So - to sum up. A lovely hotel with some fantastic staff. However attention to detail and standards in some areas let the others down. That's the only thing stopping me giving a 5!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Prestigia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire