Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Bawn Lodge(Chester)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
3,316 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Booked the hotel for 2 nights as a Birthday treat for my other half. Arrived early due to early flight from Ireland and was able to avail of an early check in. Super service. Staff on reception very helpful - however only disappointment was not to receive any of your famous cookies upon arrival :(
That said, later that afternoon, we did receive a lovely Birthday cake to the room which was a great surprise and my partner really appreciated that lovely touch.

The room was compact but very clean and everything worked. Bed comfortable and bathroom was spotless. Toiletries replenished on 2nd day too...
Bar food was fantastic - ate in the bar for lunch on both days and was not disappointed. Food was plentiful and served promptly. The bar staff took time to remember our drinks - great service!

Used the leisure facilities on the 2nd day - very busy and waited over 40 minutes just to get in / sign in as there seemed a lot of spa couples and not enough staff able to deal with the queue. That said all the steam / sauna areas worked and were clean. The relaxation area poolside was strewn with gowns, towels and slippers left by other patrons who were off enjoying their spa treatments. Not the fault of the hotel but maybe some housekeeping rules should be enforced. The pool looked lovely but was packed due to a class when I eventually got in. Gym was well equipped and other half was impressed too!

Each evening after going out we visited the bar upon our return - all the guys working were super helpful, friendly and professional. Despite some of them being on a long shift (having served us our lunch earlier in the day) they were fantastic to deal with. A credit to the hotel.

Breakfast on the day of check out was ridiculous - there had been a wedding on the night before and there was not a table to be had for over 20 minutes. Ended up leaving with no breakfast and making reference to it on check out - given a weak apology at reception. What might have been nice is maybe offered a take away tea/coffee and some pastries for our journey back to the airport as an apology...
So - to sum up. A lovely hotel with some fantastic staff. However attention to detail and standards in some areas let the others down. That's the only thing stopping me giving a 5!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate your early arrival by getting you checked straight into the room.

It disappoints me to read that you had to leave the hotel without being able to have a relaxing breakfast with us. Some takeaway options can always be arranged, and I would like to apologise if this was not offered to you. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department head to investigate.

We hope that you get the chance to come and stay with us again, should you come back to Chester, and I will ensure you receive your warm DoubleTree Cookies.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had a lovely stay here and the rooms and surroundings were immaculate. The only down side was the breakfast. As we were expecting a late night we decided on room service. Unfortunately it was half an hour later than we had booked it for and the cooked items were hard and luke warm...very disappointing after looking forward to it so much!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a review with us in relation to your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay with us and that you found the room and the grounds to be immaculate.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfall in service with your room service breakfast. This is not the lasting impression we wish to leave with our guests and your comments have been relayed to the Food & Beverage Manager.

We do hope that you get the opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've now stayed at the hotel twice and I've been very impressed both times. The staff on check in are very good and give a really great welcome. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, little details like having access to three Sky Sports channels in room and pop up desk power points make all the difference. The bar and waiting staff are very efficient and the food in both the hotel restaurant and M-P White Steakhouse is excellent, both taste and value for money.

My only complaint is the that gym is too busy for its size. It's open to the public and although there are enough machines there isn't much space to move around comfortably. Also the car park is always very busy with gymsters.

I'm working in Warrington and am happy to drive to Chester after work to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed staying with us recently whilst working in the local area, and found the service from our staff, both reception and in the food outlets, to be welcoming.

Your comments in relation to the gym have been relayed to the gym manager.

We hope that you will get the chance to come back and stay again on your next trip to Warrington, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Treated my daughter to an overnight stay for her Birthday. I've stayed here lots of times over the last 4 years and the rooms are still as immaculate now as they were when its was first opened. We had a very nice meal in The Brasserie and Liv was presented with a special complimentary desert for with Happy Birthday written on the plate. On Sat morning we were booked into the Spa for facials, all very nice. I do have a little issue with the fact that it was so very busy and there was no room in either the relaxation area or pool area to lie down and relax after our treatments and with me currently recovering from a ski injury and on crutches we decided to leave early unfortunately. I do love this Hotel though and always recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for bringing your daughter to the DoubleTree for her birthday.

It sounds like you both had a lovely weekend with us and it is great to read that the Brasserie were able to do a Birthday Plate for her.

Please accept my apologies if the Spa was unusually busy on the weekend you were here and that the pool area was full. I will pass on your comments to the Spa manager.

We all look forward to seeing you back at the DoubleTree again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Outstanding service from start to finish. The Presidential Suite was excellent value, and overall the experience was to be recommended. The food was brilliant, although the menu a little basic. Ideal for trips to Chester for shopping or sight seeing. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a review with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay with us in our Presidential Suite, and found our lcoation close to Chester to be an advantage.

We hope that you get the opportunity to return and stay with us again soon.