Doubletree by Hilton Chester
US$93
PremierInn.com
US$217
3,344 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Booked a package where you get a queen room, 3 course meal for tea access to the spa and breakfast in the morning for £120.. Good value!

CHECK IN/ROOM
Friendly helpful staff when checking in and loved the cookies we were given. The hotel reception is nicely decorated and has a pleasant feel to it. The grounds that surround this hotel are beautiful. Allocated a room on the first floor, which was reasonably sized with a huge bed, nice modern bathroom, fridge and tea and coffee making facilities, everything you need.No view from the window but the room was nice so we weren't bothered by this.

THE SPA
Didn't have any treatments but maybe next time. Pools and sauna rooms nice and relaxing. Quite busy but not over whelming. Is very clean and has good facilities would have loved to have spend more time there!

DINING
Had dinner in restaurant and Sat at a table looking over the garden. The menus were explained to us and i was printed out a vegetarian menu which I thought was a nice touch as I can often find menus limiting. Food was tasty and service was good. Lots of cocktails to choose from also which is a bonus. Had breakfast in here the following morning which is buffet style, wide selection to choose from, hot and cold things, tea coffee and juices.
Ordered room service quite late at night and there wasn't much to choose from, only sandwiches and curries, which was a let down as we only wanted bits to nibble on. But the sandwiches we did get were nice.

To summarise, this is a lovely hotel and it was very relaxing. Good customer service which makes it an enjoyable stay. Will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great & impressive place I would recommend taking your partner for infrequent long weekends and certainly lengthy Business Stays. Helpful & friendly Reception Staff. Overall stay is a great experience - fantastic Restaurants but it does take a long while for your food to arrive. Apart from a few Hilton Points - I am not sure whether my stay and loyality is appreciated and/or reciprocated i.e. not wanted during Chester Races.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed for one night of a two night hen party, I cannot fault the hotel staff they were all pleasant and very helpful but not intrusive. We had a meal in the Marco Pierre White restaurant, again all the staff were attentive and polite but the menu I found very expensive for what it was, 13 of us were sat in a lovely private area ( good idea for a hen party group) but the table was cramped, I have to admit I did not complain I was not the organiser and did not want to spoil the evening by complaints! I had the native lobster for main course but I was disappointed there was little flavour. In fact I would say my whole meal lacked flavour. The pool and spa was a good facility which I enjoyed thoroughly. I would recommend the hotel but not the restaurant at the current prices.

Room Tip: Some of the group shared a room for 4 double bed and sofa bed. The sofa bed is not really big enough to take two adults.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the hotel. Nothing was too much for the staff, they were friendly and helpful at all times. Room was clean and tidy, as was the hotel. Plenty of options for breakfast. Grounds beautifully maintained and thankfully we had fantastic weather providing us with the opportunity to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We returned home last Thursday from a wonderful 2 weeks in Mexico for my Daughter and Son In
Law's Wedding .On Saturday evening 26 th April we had the most fabulous Wedding Celebration
Reception at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chester .From when we entered the hotel from reception ,
to help from Eric who was professional ,pleasant and polite ,the housekeeping staff ,particularly one lady who was looking after the rooms ,bar and waiting on staff ,we could not fault anyone or anything .Everyone was lovely, polite ,professional and helpful .Hannah from Management who looked after us prio ,during and after the event wa just amazing ! We couldn't thank her enough . She was also helpful prior to the event . I couldn't believe ,how beautiful she had made the gorgeous conservatory look .Hannah is just a lovely person ,so talented at her job ,professional ,smartly dressed and has such a presence about her , She is an asset to the DoubleTree ,Thank you Hannah for helping to make the perfect evening and Wedding Celebration for Vanessa and Robert and thank you to everyone else who made this happen too !Also thank you to Jemma ,Wedding Coordinator also for arranging the perfect evening who was alnso fantastic and to Rachael for your help too . Hayley on reception was so lovely and helpful when we dropped items off the night before and we felt so welcome .
All the rooms we stayed in overnight were absolutely beautiful , lovely clean rooms .We couldn't complain about anything at all .
The food at the wedding evening was just fabulous ,as was breakfast and the tastiest pizza's ever delivered to the room in the early hours of the morning ,when we were watching Vanessa and Robert open their presents .
Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff and We thank everyone at The DoubleTree Chester
Hilton for making our stay and our daughter and son in laws weddding celebration so perfect and
magical !

Brides mum

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful , the junior suites are just fantastic !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family