Arrived at the Hotel for a family wedding elsewhere and luckily the weather was glorious. First impressions were brilliant, we had a family suite with the swivel tv etc and two bathrooms which were great. However there were 4 different parties in our group and we were all charged varying different rates, some had breakfast included some didn't and some were dining. Those who did not have the table d'hote meal went to Marco Pierre White restaurant and they reported it as nowhere near as good as they would have expected and at £180 for 4 was pricey for very average food. For ourselves, we were informed that although we had booked in for two nights we had only paid for one! This was all booked last September so my memory being a big vague had to pay for the second night. Really did not expect this.
We dined at the hotel as it was prepaid and paid an extra £6 each to have the ribeye steak. When it arrived it was very dry as if it had been left on the hotplate for too long. However when the waiter asked if we were enjoying our meals I said no and he immediately changed it and the steak that followed was delicious, totally different to the first offering.
Breakfast was not so great - big hotels all do the same help yourself service and its great usually as no waiting. However the bacon was dry and overcooked and did not look fresh. I adore mushrooms in any shape or form but when I looked at their mushrooms I could only describe them as black sludge without a proper shape to them.
On waking the second day I was concerned to see something moving on the floor. It was a cockroach. Getting dressed a little later there was another cockroach in the bathroom which I stood on. I informed staff who presumably arranged for the disposal.
So it was a bit of a mixed bag really. Staff were all extremely pleasant and helpful. I have put the cleanliness down as poor because of the cockroach problem but the hotel itself looks beautifully clean - just did not expect cockroaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire