Booked in a day spa package with my wife for our 10 wedding anniversary. Package was £180 which included full body massage, facility use and light lunch. Have been on many spa packages at various places around the UK, we know what to expect and what hotels shoulder deliver.
First good points, gym facilities are very good, latest technogym equipment and lots of it. The Spa, well the actual massage for both of us was really nice.
Now the issues, in places like this it's the small details which can make or break a spa. Firstly biggest issue, the light lunch is awful. Heard other guests say it was disgusting, and it was. A very poor attempt at a buffet salad, very poor. Motorway service stations do a lot better. Only item not a salad was some dire pasta or the worst quiche in the world. If this lunch is made in house the chef needs sacking. The deserts are cake slices covered in cling film, honestly it is so awful.
Next, the pool / thermal areas some will like, some not. As there's very little natural light, it feels very Claustrophobic. There is also a lack of loungers, but that's probably as it's not a big space. There are notices for people not to reserve loungers but while we were there a lot if people in an aqua class were actually doing that. So staff not checking as the notice says they will. There was a couple who has brought a baby into the pool area, and constantly left it by itself in a carry cot unattended whilst they went off, out of sight into the outside thermal pool area. Unbelievably these days that people can do that, but again no member of staff challenged them.
Then there's some picky thing, not heating the towels in the treatment rooms, the young spa desk staff chatting about personal things and giggling really loudly, no area to nip for a coffee or drink and so on.....
I would definitely not recommend the Spa, go to Chester Grosvenor, Pullford, Thornton Hough Hotel and Spa, Craxton Wood, all are so much better than here,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire