Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Good 3.5/5
US$98
PremierInn.com
3,316 results
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantmpw restaurantdouble treewarm cookieshoole halloutdoor jacuzzion arrivalspa facilitiespresidential suitelovely hotelgarden roomgreat spamy partnerbuilding worksteam roomrelaxation roomspa break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I had very nice overnight stay on Friday 25/7/2014. The hotel is ideally situated just off the motorway and set in lovely grounds. During our stay we found the food good and all the staff friendly and helpful.

We were however disturbed by the standard of the bath (room 31) which had a lot of enamel chipped off and in our opinion wasn't very hygienic (I have reported this to reception).

Other than that we had a lovely stay and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Room 31 bath has a lot of enamel chipped off.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Doubletree2, Abbie - Guest relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton on your recent visit to Chester.

Your comments are appreciated and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We endeavor to act upon feedback where possible to improve the service we provide.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards

Abbie - Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Second to none, every member of staff we dealt with were very helpful, pleasant and courteous. The rooms were immaculate and the beds and pillows were ultra comfortable. We had a meal in the bar which was excellent both in quality and value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree2, Abbie - Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Double tree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a regualr visitor to this hote, its exactly what i need... Clean rooms, efficient check in and check out service, courteous staff, a decent restaurant and bar. It also had a gym & spa but havent got around t ousing them yet! Id recommend this hotel aove any other in Chester.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Doubletree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Whilst one night at Chester's Doubletree unfortunately did not provide me with the time to experience all of the hotel's facilities (such as the spa, gym and Marco Pierre White restaurant), it allowed plenty of time to appreciate the impressive Hoole Hall, immaculate hotels grounds and friendly staff. As well as being new to Chester, this was my first visit to a Doubletree and my 4/5 rating reflects how the hotel thankfully managed to exceed my expectations.

I have had mixed experiences with some of the 'luxury' offerings from Hilton Worldwide and so did not expect to be impressed by Doubletree. Although the lack of slippers may not have surprised me (!), it was disappointing not to have a robe in the room. Despite the slightly more minimalist approach, the room was clean, well-maintained and comfortable. The breakfast choice was excellent and I had a good evening meal in the Brasserie (despite a longer-than-anticipated wait).

Known for being the comfort-focused brand in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, DoubleTree claims to pay attention to "the little things". Unfortunately, a relative of mine stayed for four nights in the same week and so was able to pick up on some of the details, such as toiletries not being replaced daily and more slow service in the restaurants. From a one-night perspective however, the Doubletree Chester is clean, functional and accommodating. Whilst I'm unlikely to rush back, I would definitely consider the brand for future business trips or short stays.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I planned the celebrity package for my aunties hen do weekend. I would like to thank Abbey at the Marco pierre white restaurant for her help with the decor of the room and for everything running smoothly. I had pre ordered all 18 meals and everyone was correct and gorgeous food! we had cocktail making which was fun and vip into cruise nightclub and a booth it was

• Stayed: July 2014

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your hotel experience on TripAdvisor.

Its fantastic for us to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our celebrity life style package.

I have passed your comments onto our Marco Pierre White Restaurant, who are delighted with the feedback you have left.

We hope to see you again some time in the near future.

Kind Regards