3,505 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant mpw restaurant double tree warm cookies hoole hall outdoor jacuzzi on arrival spa facilities presidential suite garden restaurant lovely hotel garden room great spa my partner building work lovely grounds relaxation room
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I recently attended a function at this hotel and to be blunt, the food served was an absolute disgrace.

We were charged £22 for a burger that the vans outside of football grounds would have been ashmaed of, a hot dog that was blander than a politician's response to a direct question, both served on buns that were far from fresh, a potoato salad that was ashamed to have that name and a sweet that was a cupcake in disguise. The only good ite, the mozarella in a pesto dressing, ran out well before all guests were served.

No salad and the supposedly 'rustic' bread that was far from that.

This £22 was for a buffet meal, not even one that was served at table.

The organiser had specifically asked for the initial menu sent to her to be improved upon but her request was completely ignored.

Needless to say, this hotel has now lost any future bookings from our large group (over 500 members) and I personally will not set foot over the threshold.

Disgrace is too meek a word.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank StephenAdamson
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here last weekend for a friends wedding. I was in a suite with the Bride to be the night before the wedding, and the room was just fab. Very spacious, gorgeous bathroom, and amazing HUGE bed. All the facilites you need and more.
The main bar area is lovely, nice grounds and a brilliant suntrap to sit and relax.
Once we arrived back the following day after the wedding, the staff were faultless. The food was brilliant and the presentation of the wedding room was fantastic.
At this point I had now downgraded to a standard room, which I thought would be a lot less appealing once I had stayed in a suite. Well I was wrong, even the standard rooms are a brilliant size.
The only thing I would say is we ordered breakfast to our room on the wedding morning for the bride, the cooked breakfasts were stone cold and didnt taste very nice atall. Although we also ordered lots of fruit and cereal which was fresh and lovely. The prices are a bit steep for drinks aswell at around £8.50 for a double vodka...which is to be expected for the standard of the hotel.
Overall FAB stay, and I would definetely stay here again, I didnt get to see or use the spa, but would love to try it out when I go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Doubletree2, Abbie - Guest Relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed all the facilities the hotel has to offer.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I had very nice overnight stay on Friday 25/7/2014. The hotel is ideally situated just off the motorway and set in lovely grounds. During our stay we found the food good and all the staff friendly and helpful.

We were however disturbed by the standard of the bath (room 31) which had a lot of enamel chipped off and in our opinion wasn't very hygienic (I have reported this to reception).

Other than that we had a lovely stay and would certainly return.

Room Tip: Room 31 bath has a lot of enamel chipped off.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Doubletree2, Abbie - Guest relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton on your recent visit to Chester.

Your comments are appreciated and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. We endeavor to act upon feedback where possible to improve the service we provide.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind Regards

Abbie - Guest Relations

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Second to none, every member of staff we dealt with were very helpful, pleasant and courteous. The rooms were immaculate and the beds and pillows were ultra comfortable. We had a meal in the bar which was excellent both in quality and value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree2, Abbie - Guest Relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Double tree.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am a regualr visitor to this hote, its exactly what i need... Clean rooms, efficient check in and check out service, courteous staff, a decent restaurant and bar. It also had a gym & spa but havent got around t ousing them yet! Id recommend this hotel aove any other in Chester.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Doubletree.