3,501 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant mpw restaurant double tree warm cookies hoole hall outdoor jacuzzi on arrival spa facilities presidential suite garden restaurant lovely hotel garden room great spa my partner building work lovely grounds relaxation room
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have just returned from an overnight stay at the doubletree Hilton hotel to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.I emailed the hotel prior to our .stay. we were greeted by very helpful reception staff. The room was lovely and to our surprise the hotel had provided us with a beautiful wedding anniversary cake.
the grounds of the hotel are superb, lovely kept gardens.
The evening meal was fabulous, excellent service! well done to ALL the staff who helped to make our day so special. many many thanks

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank metoyou26
Doubletree2, Front of house team at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on trip advisor, and for choosing the Double tree by Hilton Chester to spend your wedding anniversary.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your anniversary stay here, and the extras we provided made your stay that bit more special.

We hope to see you again soon sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Visited as part of a birthday weekend but the cleanliness of the room was substandard for any hotel let alone one with 4*. Long black hairs in the bath, Kirkby clips on the floor, sockets unsafe on the wall. Bath wouldn't empty due to a broken tap
Hotel are offering us a free stay as compensation but haven't received anything in writing yet

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Helencroft

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review Our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise that you had issues with your bedroom. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping department and front of house manager, who will look into this issue further to ensure this does not happen again.

I would like to once again offer my sincerest apologies, please contact our Front of House Manager via email info@doubletreechester.com
We hope you visit the Double tree by Hilton Chester again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

A very nice hotel, friendly and helpful staff.
Our room was very clean, and the bathroom was spacious, a nice powerful shower.
The only problem we had was that our air conditioning wouldn't turn down, with the window closed it was very quiet, the huge bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologise that you had issues using our Air con systems, I have passed on your comments to our maintenance department who will look into this issue further to ensure this does not happen again.
Glad to hear that you have enjoyed rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Brilliant staff - they were so friendly and helpful with everything and I would like to thank them for that. Room was nice, with complimentary toiletries and coffee/tea, hair drier and iron etc., but I have stayed in other hotels that gave me all that at half the price of this hotel - although I must add there was a spa and pool available, which, by choice, we did not use, so you should factor this in when considering this hotel as it is good value for money if you would use these facilities. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if we had another family occasion that required an overnight stay in Chester.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree2, Guest relations at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Double-tree.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived late after carfest .. Lovely welcome from reception guy. Went into bar at 10.35 & very disappointed with lack of attention, we had to ask the girl cleaning the coffee machine if there were any bar staff on! Lots of empty glasses on tables everywhere & no attempts being made to clear . Other gripe is the location of plug sockets in the room as I'm not good at crawling under desks! Why aren't they above or at side of bed?! HOWEVER .... Great sleep in very comfy bed, fabulous bathroom & shower was great too . Breakfast, despite being very busy, was fabulous. Good quality bacon, mushrooms etc. Would def stay again if we get next years carfest tickets again!

Stayed: August 2014