“Relaxing Experiance”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Experiance”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have visited the Doubletree in Chester many times. The facilities are the finest I have come across, in the hotel, in the spa and in the room. From entering the Hotel you are greeted by friendly and professional staff who make you feel welcome and inform you full of the facilities, as well as offering a delightful warm cookie.

We have stayed in the king-sized rooms in different sections of the building and all are very similar. Clean, tidy, and more importantly quite. The rooms are some of the best rooms I have stayed in, with soft beds, adequate facilities, including a safe (ideal if using the spa) hot drinks, work desk, internet. The bathrooms are clean and well presented. All in all a good nights sleep.

The spa is top quality, with a wonderful outdoor heated pool, which is a pleasure to experience at night. sauna, steam room, aromatherapy rooms and swimming pool are also clean. The area is not overly big so on busy day you may have to wait for a seat, but there is a soft relaxing seated area that over looks the pool and outdoor area.

We have eaten in both of the restaurants in the hotel, which are ok as far as restaurants go, but I would prefer to have a drive into Chester where there are a lot of good quality eating establishments. The breakfast is buffet style and a great selection of hot and cold foods.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, for a romantic get away or a weekend pamper with friends. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: The kingsized rooms are amazing when you compare to other hotels basic rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Doubletree2, Front of house team at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Doubletree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Katie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very good location. Service, facilities and food excellent. Didn't have time to make use of Spa facilities but am returning soon to try them out. Have also booked to stay in October when my son gets married at Chester Zoo just up the road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank ItaPriestley
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on trip advisor, and for choosing the Double tree by Hilton Chester.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback will be passed onto our team members.

We hope to see you again soon sometime in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Totally loved the hotel and staff are totally awesome.. Great facilities. Thank you for a great experience and can't wait for our next visit..the staff are a credit to your the facilities are well worth the price. The breakfast is possibly the best that we have ever had. Well worth every penny and can't wait to try Marcos on our next visit..

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review your hotel experience on TripAdvisor.

Its fantastic for us to see that you had such an enjoyable stay.

I have passed your comments onto our teams, who are delighted with the feedback you have left.

We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We paid full price for a day in the spa, inclusive of two treatments, it was a bit disconcerting to be asked at least three times, "did we have vouchers" which meant a half price day!!! Went for coffee to start our day, ---- 20 minutes for the machine to heat up!!! A light lunch was included, Panini, and a muesli bar still in it's wrapper!!,
We also didn't expect brown robes and towels in a spa!!!!
I will say that the two treatments we received were lovely, girls very professional and friendly.
We will not be returning to this spa.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DOTM72
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us in relation to your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the Spa.
Your comments have been addressed with Spa Manager.

We hope that you will consider coming back to stay with us again, we would all like to welcome you back.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel for a friends wedding. Room was clean and of a high standard. Warm and friendly staff in all areas of the hotel. Great breakfast, even though it was really busy, there wasn't any need to wait for the buffet to be replenished.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us.

We are all looking forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a very honest review ......

Myself and my husband visited this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We
were really looking forward to as it had been recommended by several of our friends and family.

Check in was smooth, although we did notice on arrival that not one but two weddings were taking place.

The room was very modern, clean and was very comfortable. The air conditioning was a bonus as we arrived on a really hot day.

On arrival at the spa we were not greeted in a very professional way. We were not asked to fill in any questionnaire with regards to health etc. I had a treatment booked and I had to ask for my robe and slippers. The response was "you can have one if you want!". Did this lady want me to walk to the spa in my bikini ? As if that wasn't bad enough we were then told that the changes rooms has been swapped over due to showers not working. Not great for a busy spa !!! On arrival to the treatment room I was greeted by Hazel who was to carry out my treatment. I had an indian head massage which was divine. Hazel was really professional and made this a lovely experience. I then met my husband in the thermal suite who informed me due to the men's showers not working he had just found a naked eastern european man NAKED poolside taking a shower. My husband was a little concerned as there were children present in the pool. Regardless of this happening we enjoyed our time relaxing in the spa.

We went to the bar for a drink and agreed we would like to sit out on the terrace as it was such a lovely day. We ordered our drinks and the guy behind the bar said he would bring them to the table. Once he realised we were about to sit outside he called us back and said " I can't bring them out there". Again not great customer service.

Later on that evening when we arrived back in the bar before dinner we found that a lot of the wedding parties were there. They were very loud and rude. My husband had to wait twenty minutes for a drink. Our dinner in the brasserie restaurant was lovely and Jack was a great waiter. Sat at the bar later on having a few cocktails was most enjoyable. The bar staff were really friendly and polite. They worked there socks off as it was obviously a very busy night.

During the night for about twenty minutes a drunken man was kicking in a door just down the corridor. Lots of shouting and commotion when he was let in his room ........ not a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was a total car crash. No bacon, no sausage. Big ques for tea and coffee. We ended up having a pastry and leaving.......... very disappointing.

On checking out we had been charged for a three course meal that wasn't ours. A completely different signature. We only had an outstanding bill for the bar. The receptionist took some time to amend this. When asked how our stay was she was not very apologetic.

I am most upset about this experience. What could have been a lovely stay was spoilt by lots of different niggles. When going to book this hotel I would check if there are any weddings on. If there is I would avoid.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Little_Miss_Widnes
Doubletree2, Front of house team at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time out to share a review on your recent stay with us.
I am disappointed to read that your left the hotel feeling less than satisfied. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the Spa and the hotel. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I would like to once again offer my sincerest apologies.
Should you wish to discuss this any further, don't hesitate to contact Front of House Manager & Spa Manager directly

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice location, but hotel is not very well kept (e.g. entrance area dirty, air conditioning in room not working). And reception made checking out quiet difficult (e.g. tried to over charge us, did not accommodate the fact that English isn't our first language).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Maria P
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for sharing a review with us relating to your recent stay.

I am disappointed to read that you left the hotel feeling a little less than satisfied with your experience. Your feedback is greatly received and will be shared with the team.

We do hope that you will consider returning to stay with us so that we can prove that we are capable of providing a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Kind Regards