I booked the 'Mid Week Spa Retreat' package at the Double Tree as a birthday surprise for my boyfriend. I cannot fault the service at all, as every member of staff we came in to contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. We were unable to check in to our room when we arrived but the staff took care of our luggage and we were allowed to check straight in to the Spa. Overall, the Spa experience itself was amazing (lots of time to relax and use facilities, wasn't too busy, felt very clean) However my boyfriend commented on how the male changing rooms were under construction, with builders walking about everywhere in dirty clothes, making the changing rooms feel unclean and creating a lack of privacy. The main complaint i have about our experience is the 'afternoon tea' which was included in the package. It was far from what i expected. We were just told to choose a packaged sandwich/wrap and some form of flapjack from the fridge and then help ourselves to the salad bar (which was practically empty). When the waitress brought our heated wraps to us we were so disappointed as they tasted absolutely disgusting and seemed very low budget considering how much i paid for the package (just short of £200!) and the fact that it was described as 'afternoon tea'! We also were only provided with tap water and were told we had to pay extra for any other drinks! We enjoyed the rest of our afternoon in the spa, especially our back, neck and shoulder massages! We were left feeling a little disheartened after how poor our lunch was, however the hotel redeemed itself when we went up to our room and found that they had left a birthday cake and message for my boyfriend on the desk (i mentioned when booking that it was his birthday)! The room itself was perfect; massive bed, interactive television and extremely clean bathroom! This is the second time i have stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton Chester and i would definitely stay again, however i'm not sure i would opt for the mid week spa retreat package again. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Cheshire