“Great girly trip”

Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Enjoyable stay at the doubletree Hilton - spa great and food good quality. Service at breakfast was slow (table clearing) we were told by member of staff this was due to half the staff being drafted to another room to cater for a wedding party (surely more staff needed when wedding on)? Apart from this can't fault it - clean good sized room with everything we needed - young male member of staff in dining room (sorry can't remember his name - fair hair - tall looked in his 20's) served us as was a credit to the hotel - very engaging and polite but with a sense of humour too (more like him please) looked like he really wanted to be there - great to see. We booked a special deal and it was exceptionally good value. Well done Hilton. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Doubletree2, Front of house team at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us, and your feedback will be passed onto our team members here at Double-tree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest Regards

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really nice in every respect. Quality decor, facilities, rooms etc.....and only 6 pound in a taxi to Chester. Expect to pay 10 pound for a G & T and 9 pounds for a glass of white wine though. Breakfast is 9 pound continental and 13 for cooked. Would stay again all things considered and had a good time there. Would recommend

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank clitheroekid91

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to take this time to thank you for your feedback.

We hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon.

In the meantime, why not like us on Facebook and start to follow us on Twitter to receive our latest offers and promotions.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here for a night and the website states that the check in is at 3.00pm. My daughter and I arrived at about half past 3 and the room wasn't ready due to maintenance. They said the room would be 45 minutes late so I had to have a drink in the bar whilst occupying a tired 5 yr old. Luckily she isn't a problem but if I had a few over excited kids I think the bar would have been a bad idea.
The room was very clean, beds comfortable, temperature was ideal and the amenties inside were good. Free wifi too which is brill to plan your next day.
The spa area was superb and was a shame I couldn't try the spa rooms out as with young daughter.
The food in the restaurant was good quality, came out hot and was reasonable prices. Each day they had restaurant specials too. The marcos restaurant didn't have a childs menu so that was the end of that.
Breakfast was lovely, hot and buffet style. Only issue here was the self service tea and coffee.(come on guys really???)

The only issues I had were the noise the other room doors made when closed. They slammed and it was really noisey in our room. If this was fixed then I would have given the hotel top marks.

Staff were very friendly, ideal location for the zoo.

I will be staying here again for defo.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review Our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise that you had issues with noise from next door. I have passed on your comments to our maintenance department who will look into this issue further to ensure this does not happen again.

However I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our restaurant facilities.

We hope you visit the Double tree by Hilton Chester again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

its the worst hotel bed ive ever slept in my wife and I had bad backs both mornings we even left early due to our discomfort our last stay in a Hilton at Gatwick the bed was fine apart from that we had a great weekend the staff & service was great

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

I have passed on your comments to our Front of house manager who will look into this issue.

However I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our restaurant.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I have just returned home after an over night stay at Doubletree. I just wanted to say thankyou for a lovely stay. My first impressions as we turned into the drive of Doubletree were - 'absolutely beautiful'. The building and grounds, with the huge fountain are stunning. Lovely staff on reception, very helpful too. Our room was clean and fresh. The beds are huge! My husband and I both had the Signature back, neck and shoulder massage at the Spa, which is incorporated within the hotel. It was absolutely fabulous! Lovely and clean, lovely professional staff and just lovely! :-) Included in the price of our room was complimentary use of the pool and spa. There is air conditioning in the bedroom, which you can adjust yourself, which, I think, is a great idea. I have read on Trip Advisor about avoiding Doubletree when there are weddings taking place there. Well there was a wedding on when we went and we heard absolutely no noise what so ever. I would highly recommend Doubletree to anybody. Chester city centre is only a very short drive away, less than 10 minutes. We had a fabulous time and will definitely be going back :-)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janetteshippy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time spent with us and found our hotel and spa relaxing.

We are all looking forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 August 2014

With distressing inevitability my birthday arrived,so as a treat a stay here was arranged with food and spa.On arrival to our joy we were given the presidential suite,best in house.Family had stayed in this room so expectations were high.A lovely birthday cake awaited and cookies also nice.However coffee machine previously there had gone but minor glitch.The bathroom is fabulous beyond belief as is the room,comfortable and well appointed.I was somewhat mystified though in the midst of this luxury ,to find no socket in dressing area for hair dryer.An extension lead was provided but seems odd in such a fab setting.We ate in the Marco Pierre White restaraunt which was superlative and in all had a great stay.Staff very helpful even though v busy .Cant wait to return Once again Thank you Hilton Doubletree

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade if it's for a special occasion,they will always do their best to help.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mags e

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on trip advisor, and for choosing the Double tree by Hilton Chester to spend your birthday.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your birthday weekend here, and the extras we provided made your stay that bit more special.

We hope to see you again soon sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Bought from group on for £59. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Used facilities and was very impressed. Open roof swimming pool, jacuzzi, hydrotherapy pool , swimming pool, hammam, steam, aromatherapy room and sauna.

Went upstairs for treatments and instead of waiting in a waiting area we were taken to a dream works room to relax on bean beds, with mood lighting and water sounds. The treatments were amazing. The only thing that was disappointing was the lunch. It was packet sandwiches and cake.

The deal also included a 2 course Marco Pierre 2 course meal.

I left totally relaxed

Would highly recommend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We work hard to create an experience that our guests love and am pleased that you enjoyed yours so much.

We would like to take this time to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,