This is an excellent inn for those wishing to enjoy the splendid Cheshire countryside. It is ideal for visits to the Candle and Ice cream factories and trips to Chester and Liverpool.
The Inn provides excellent accommodation and dining.
It is an ideal stop-over for those walking the Sandstone Trail, but not wishing to complete the 33 miles in one go. The inn is approximately half way on the trail.
I completed the walk with a friend in June and and we arrived at the inn at 19.00, worn out after a hard day. The staff could not have been more accommodating. A barman carried my rucksack to our room, without being asked and later came over with two jugs of iced water.
I would highly recommend the Pheasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in a peaceful corner of rural Cheshire, The Pheasant enjoys some the most magnificent panoramic views across the Cheshire plains. Delightful 300 year old sandstone buildings, open log fires, a flower-filled courtyard for drinks as the sun goes down - they all add up to magic. Nestling in the Peckforton Hills, this is a rambler's and hiker's paradise. A relaxing country retreat to escape from the hustle of city life or for a romantic weekend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Chester
- The Pheasant Inn Chester, Cheshire