We booked a room at The Pheasant to surprise our friends who were also staying there. Unfortunately there had been a storm which had knocked out the power supply. This somehow made our warm welcome even nicer as the building was bathed in candle light.
Our beamed executive room was fabulous with a large en-suite and all the usual things you would expect, with an extremely comfy bed.
Due to the power cut the kitchen had to be closed, but the staff offered to drive us to the village and collect us afterwards free of charge so that we could eat elsewhere, which we thought was a great gesture. Fortunately, the power returned and we didn't have to take up their offer, opting to eat in the bar area. The food was amazing and we were all totally stuffed. The Pheasant sells a selection of real ales too and the bar was really well stocked.
The Pheasant is situated in an elevated area. Our room had wonderful uninterrupted views which stretched for miles.
I would definitely return to The Pheasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in a peaceful corner of rural Cheshire, The Pheasant enjoys some the most magnificent panoramic views across the Cheshire plains. Delightful 300 year old sandstone buildings, open log fires, a flower-filled courtyard for drinks as the sun goes down - they all add up to magic. Nestling in the Peckforton Hills, this is a rambler's and hiker's paradise. A relaxing country retreat to escape from the hustle of city life or for a romantic weekend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Chester
- The Pheasant Inn Chester, Cheshire