Bitterly disappointed with our visit today! Was really looking forward to a light lunch after our walk along the Sandstone Trail. Granted it was busy, but my Welsh rarebit was cold, think it just saw a kitchen blow torch, rather than a grill, sent it back only to be given an equally cold replacement. My husbands 'hot' beef sandwich was luke warm & my daughters fish & chips (off the children's menu) came with peas, despite telling the waiter twice, we wanted beans. The waiter who served us was monosyllabic & to top it off got charged £7.80 for a glass of Sauv Blanc! Used to love this place, but won't be back in a hurry. Such a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in a peaceful corner of rural Cheshire, The Pheasant enjoys some the most magnificent panoramic views across the Cheshire plains. Delightful 300 year old sandstone buildings, open log fires, a flower-filled courtyard for drinks as the sun goes down - they all add up to magic. Nestling in the Peckforton Hills, this is a rambler's and hiker's paradise. A relaxing country retreat to escape from the hustle of city life or for a romantic weekend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Chester
- The Pheasant Inn Chester, Cheshire