We took my husband's mother for an early Mother's Day lunch. We did not want to go on Mothering Sunday as we wanted to sample the usual menu and not the "special". Our lunch was excellent - mother-in-law was purring!! I had the goat's cheese mouse starter and it was really good, wonderful tastes mingled together. My husband and I shared the fish platter. It was excellent and we particularly enjoyed the haddock goujons - wonderfully cooked fish in crispy batter. Mother-in-law had the scampi which she really enjoyed. This was our first visit to the Pheasant and we really enjoyed it. The staff were very welcoming and it is a lovely setting. No doubt we will be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in a peaceful corner of rural Cheshire, The Pheasant enjoys some the most magnificent panoramic views across the Cheshire plains. Delightful 300 year old sandstone buildings, open log fires, a flower-filled courtyard for drinks as the sun goes down - they all add up to magic. Nestling in the Peckforton Hills, this is a rambler's and hiker's paradise. A relaxing country retreat to escape from the hustle of city life or for a romantic weekend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Chester
- The Pheasant Inn Chester, Cheshire