We stayed here for our honeymoon. The hotel had upgraded us knowing this from our booking which was a lovely suprise.
We had stayed in the Edinburgh Holyrood Macdonalds and was expecting something very special but this was not the case.
Everything about this hotel is basic but clean.
You are invited to order ice or milk but we had to ring for this twice after 30 mins of waiting. In the Edinburgh Macdonalds we have complimentary ice, bottled water, service was immediate and they even offered if you left your shoes outside the door to clean them for you.
Room was very clean and shower was excellent. Ate in the restaurant the first night as part of our package. Food was ok but nothing special, again not what we were expecting. Service was excellent in the resturant (although there were only two other tables in there).
Very noisy until 3/4am in the morning due to partygoers. Little sleep-not great for a romantic break and honeymoon.
Breakfast great choice and mixture of hot and cold, staff friendly.
Next day chester zoo tickets which were part of our package. They had ran out so gave us cash instead, asked if we could be moved rooms due to noise (round works all day also as roadworks). Receptionist Holly very freindly and apologetic and said she would see what she could do whilst we were out and said the road works had been going on for a long time. (why did no-one tell us this when they accepted our honeymoon booking?)
Got back from zoo and new staff knew nothing off changing rooms. Manager Emma after discussion changed rooms and our room was lovely and quiet (now view but did not care). Went out for tea and had an amazingly great sleep!
Breakfast great again and check out fast and efficient.
I would not stop in this hotel again due to the noise and the outdated feel of the place. I would also not choose to eat in the restaurant as it was a boring menu. I will in future not book based on the Macdonalds brand and look at the hotels as individual instituation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire