Had a great stay at wonderful 4 star New Blossoms Hotel, everything was perfect for us, the staff very attentive and welcoming. Asked for a quiet room at the back ( room 202) as I had read about the noise, we had no problem with noise at all and considering it was New Years Eve we never heard a sound. The room was beautiful, spotless clean and wonderful decor, bathroom was a good size and gorgeous, no problems with the shower or water which i had read about. The room was a little hot but we just turned off the radiator. The bed was gorgeous, really comfortable. Every amenity was provised, tea, coffee even a teapot, hairdyer and iron.
The reception area was wonderfully decorated for christmas with an beautiful tree and garlands around the old wooden staircase, I loved the atmosphere, and its one of the oldest hotels in Chester.
We booked an evening meal and were pleasantly suprised that we had 25 pound each to spend instead of the booked 15 pound. The food was wonderful and restaurant great, staff very attentive and charming.
Breakfast also was excellent a fabulous array of cereals, pastries, fruits, compotes everything you could want, and then on top of that an amazing cooked breakfast ( if you can manage it) We could not ask for more !
Overall an absolutely fabulous New Year in Chester and wonderful staff, I would heartily recommend and certainly hope to be back.
Can fully understand about the car parking problem, but that can only be expected at a city center hotel, and the Gosvenor car park is not that far.
The old Tudor pub next door, to the left, The Marloborough Arms is definitely worth a visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire