Stayed as part of a tour. Bit of a shambles checking in with bags noted with one room number and us with another room number. That was sorted out quickly but tersely. It was quite cold in the hotel room but when we asked how to work the heating we were informed that we should realise that it is nearly summer in England and the heaters have been turned off and that if we get cold there's a little fan heater in the wardrobe. All these things are pretty minor if the room wasn't so small, cold and badly laded out. To get in the shower we had to climb around to toilet as the shower screen opened the wrong way. There was a water stain on the roof and it just wasn't a pleasant place to stay for two nights.
The hotel is in an excellent location in that it is in the centre of town. I would look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel Chester, Cheshire